You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Thanksgiving’ tag.
Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
It is also a No Bake Pie!!!
1- Graham Cracker Pie Crust (2 extra servings size) 10 inches
8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1 (8 oz tub) Cool Whip
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 can (15 oz) pure Pumpkin
2 packages Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz size)
1 and 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice ***See Note***
1 cup of milk
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
In a medium bowl cream together softened cream cheese, milk and sugar until well combine. Mix in half of the tube of cool whip until smooth.
Pour into graham cracker crust smoothing out and set aside.
For the Pumpkin Layer:
In another medium bowl mix together the pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie Spice, both packages of instant vanilla pudding, and a cup of cold milk. Mix until Thick and pour on top of cream cheese layer. Evenly spreading over the cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate until firm. At least 4 hours. I prefer 8 hours.
***Note***If you do not have Pumpkin Pie Spice on hand you can use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
This is my Nana Coats’ recipe. Five years ago she visited me. She brought me her churches cookbook. Which had one of my recipes in it…but while here, she actually wrote down about 8 more recipes for me in that book. And this recipe was one of them.
Nana’s Banana Pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.
Note: You don’t have to use a 9X 13 inch dish. Use a punch bowl…etc.