You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘sandwich’ tag.
Not Your Ordinary Egg Salad
6 eggs (hard-boiled)
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Pepper
Grilled Bacon & Onion Sandwich
In the summer I like to make easy lunches. This is super easy. Bonus is that my whole family loves it- minus 1. This recipe serves approx. 6. That possibly could be stretched. But who wants to skimp on BACON????
10 Slices of Bacon, cut into 1/2 slices
12 slices of Cheese (choose your favorite, My kids and myself liked the favorite stand by of American Cheese, my husband chose Pepper Jack Cheese)
1 medium onion, sliced finely (I used, Vidalia onions)
1 loaf of Texas Toast
1. In a skillet, crisp bacon over medium heat. Approx. 5 minutes. If you want a crunchier bacon fry it longer.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and place on paper towel.
4. Take 2 piece of toast, place one piece of cheese on the bottom and then fill with bacon mixer. Top with another cheese slice.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of the sandwich. Place into same skillet you used to make the bacon mixture. On LOW/Medium heat cook for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Repeat process until all Sandwiches are made!
My husband & Daughter said that this sandwich remind them of something you would eat at Steak N Shake.
Chicken Parmesan Hoagie Sandwich
There are a few things that I like about this recipe. It is simple to make. It is baked. It is chicken. And it is fast to make! Oh, it is also really tasty too!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce (Use your favorite, we like Tomato, Garlic and Onion)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (I used more….We really like our cheese)
4 long Italian Rolls (I used Cobblestone Mill Hoagies, Philly Style)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. You do not want your chicken to be too thick. I cut my chicken breast in half and then pounded it out just a touch with my kitchen mallet.
3. Coat Chicken in egg and then bread crumbs. Then place into baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes Pour Spaghetti sauce over top of chicken and top with cheese.
6. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve on Hoagie rolls!
Delicious Egg Salad
Perfect for spring and summer. Or just for lunch on any day. You can eat this on a bun, Sandwich bread, flat bread….with tomato, lettuce, onion…..etc. My husband even likes his grilled.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard or dijon Mustard
1/4 cup chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Hard boil the eggs.
2. Slice and Dice the eggs. I use a egg slicer’s and then after I have sliced all the eggs; I take a butter knife and cut through them randomly.
3. Add all other ingredients. And stir to combine.