You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘recipes’ tag.
Let’s Get Cookin’ Top 5 Recipes of 2012
Dreamy Jello “Fluff” Dessert
You can do SO much with this dessert. You can add fruit, nuts, candies….etc. It is up to you!
1 box (6 0z.) Jell-O Gelatin (your desired flavor)
2 (8 0z) containers of Cool Whip (Thawed)
1. Dissolve Gelatin mix in 1 1/2 cups boiling water.
2. Add ice to 1 cup cold water. To make 2 1/2 cups.
3. Stir ice water into gelatin. And stir until thickened.
4. Remove any un-melted ice and stir in the cool whip.
If you wanted to add fruits or candies this is where you would add them in.
5. Pour into cups, ramekins, bowls, glasses….the choice is up to you.
6. Let sit OVERNIGHT in fridge.
Note: You could even make this using your favorite Jell-O and pour into a Graham Cracker Crust. You can use 2 (3 oz boxes) or you can cut it in half. Using only 1-3 oz. box of Jell-O Gelatin and 1 container of cool whip.
If you cut it in half here is what you do….
Dissolve gelatin in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add ice to 1/2 cup cold water to make 1 1/4 cup. Keep stirring until slightly thickened. Remove any un-melted ice . Fold in Cool whip.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Cake
So good and SO easy to make! Very moist! Crowd pleaser–indeed!
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons Powered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
2 Tablespoons HOT water
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Shortening
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Spray 2 round cake pans with a non-stick cooking spray, dust with flour and set aside. **See note**
- In a small bowl, stir together the cocoa, powdered sugar, butter and 2 tablespoons hot water until smooth-set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl melt the shortening with the peanut butter until smooth and blended (should take about a minute-I heat it at 15 /20 second intervals)
- In a Large Bowl combine cake mix, brown sugar 1-1/4 cups water, eggs and the melted peanut butter. Beat on low-speed until moistened. In crease speed to medium and beat until smooth. Approx. 2 minutes.
- Remove 1-1/2 cups batter and add it to the cocoa mixture until blended and smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter batter into prepared pans (dividing it up by half).
- Drop spoonfuls of the cocoa batter on top. Swirl with a toothpick, spatula…etc to achieve the marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 28 to 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and Frost!
Notes: You can use ANY size of baking pan for this cake. Just follow the times on the back of the package. For the frosting…you can use anything you like. I made a Peanut Butter frosting. My son requested it (for his birthday). This cake tasted JUST like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup!
Let’s Get Cookin’ Top 5 Recipes of 2011
I hope you are all having a wonderful start to 2012! So far so good for us. I thought I would share the top 5 recipes from my blog. Plus, I will share my personal favorites.
Top 5 Recipes
2. Homemade Pudding Pops
3. Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
4. The “Best” Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge!
5. Red Velvet Cheesecake!
My Personal Favorites!
Luck ‘O The Irish Brownies
Irresistible Chocolate Chip Muffins
And my husband’s personal favorite! Snickerdoodle Brownies!
Thank you all for checking out my recipes! And please be sure to comment and let me know if you make anything that you found on this blog! Have a wonderful and prosperous 2012!
Cream Cheese Potato Casserole
Really good Potato Casserole. The taste kind of reminds me of Gravy.
*24 oz. tub of Bob Evans Original Mashed Potatoes (You can use instant mashed potatoes or you can make your own)
*1/4 cup of chopped onion
*1 egg, well beaten
*3 oz. package cream cheese (soften)
*1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
*salt and pepper to taste
*small can French’s French Fried Onions
Mix all ingredients except the French fried onions. Bake in a pie pan (I used a glass pie pan). Bake at 325 degrees for 27 minutes. During the 3 minutes of baking, add a can of French fried onions, and let it get crisp in the oven for the last few minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
This would make an excellent pot luck dish.
Strawberry Cake With A Twist!
This cake uses a regular boxed cake mix that you purchase at the grocery store. The Twist?
You add Strawberry Soda Pop instead of Water!
- 1 – package Strawberry Cake mix –You can use any brand, the brand I chose was Pillsbury Moist Supreme
- Strawberry Soda Pop (this is substituted for the water, add as much soda pop as you would water according to the package directions.)
- 2-3 eggs, I used 2 and my cake turned our super fluffy and very moist.
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tubs of Cool Whip (8 oz tub)
- About a pound to a pound and a half of fresh strawberries, sliced
Combine all Ingredients, remembering to substitute the soda for the water.
Mix until well blended. You can use a mixer for this step. It was just easier for me to use my wire whisk. Plus, I had the added benefit of not having to get my mixer and attachments out.
Pour into 2 greased and floured baking rounds/pans.
Bake at 350 for 17-25 minutes. You will need to check on them and see when they are done, using the toothpick method.
When they are done, loosen the cake edges and let cool completely.
Slice strawberries…as many as you want for the middle of the cake.
Once the cakes are cool. Take the bottom layer and put cool whip on top. Smooth it out and add strawberries. (Wouldn’t you know this was a step I totally forgot to take pictures of…)
Then place the other cake on top. Ice the remaining cake and sides with the cool whip.
You can half, or butterfly the strawberries and put them on top! And you are done! Believe me if you have kids in your house this cake will NOT last long at all! Even my non-strawberry eaters loved it.
This is a great Summer Treat. My kids love it as well as my husband. And it can be made a variety of ways. I will give you two ways we make it now.
1. Chocolate Oreo pudding pops. (which is what was made in the pictures)
2. Banana Cream Pudding pops recipe will follow.
- Chocolate Pudding 3.4 oz box
- 2 cups of Milk
- 6 Oreo’s
- 1/2 cup of cool whip
- 8-10 Popsicle sticks
- 8-10 Dixie Cups
Combine 2 cups of milk and Chocolate pudding mix in a medium size bowl. Mix for Approx. 2 minutes.
Add Cool Whip and crushed Oreo Cookies. Blend Well!
Fill Dixie Cup to desired amount.
Insert popsicle sticks into pudding mixture. They will stand on there own.
Continue adding the popsicle sticks to remaining filled cups.
Freeze for 5 hours. (This is the hard part for the kids. I don’t know how many times I heard, “Are the pop’s ready yet?”)
Peel off Dixie paper cups & enjoy!
Banana Cream Pops
- 1 Box of Banana Cream Pudding 3.4 oz box.
- 2 cups of Milk
- 6 Vanilla wafers (crushed)
- 1 chilled banana-slightly mashed.
- 1/2 cup cool whip
- 8-10 Popsicle sticks
- 8-10 Dixie cups.
Follow above directions to make these as well. Banana cream pops are my favorite. The chocolate Oreo pops are my kids and husbands. You can also add all sorts of ‘candies’ to this. Gummy bears, worms, mini-M&M’s.
This recipe is linked to the following:
*This is an excellent recipe. All my children loved it. Well, with the exception of my oldest. He is a VERY VERY picky eater. Granny Smith apples are excellent for this recipe. However, you can also use Braeburn apples as it works just as well.*
1 Teaspoon dried rubbed sage
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
4 (4 ounce) Boneless Center-cut loin pork chops (about a 1/2 thick) *This time I used about a each thick pork chop. Just remember to adjust cooking time to fit the size of the meat.*
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of butter
4 cups Apples (about 4 med. sized apples do the trick)
3 Tables spoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon Dash of salt.
- Combine Sage, salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil until hot. -The meat should sizzle once it hit the pan.
- Cooking on Medium/high heat.
- Add pork and cook approx 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Once all meat is cooked, in the same pan toss in the butter, apples, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon.
- Cook apples for 5 minutes. Until crisp, yet tender. Stirring occasionally.
I drizzle some of the apple sauce right onto the pork chop. This would be good served with a side of noodles as well. I just had some potatoes that needed to be used.