You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘recipe’ tag.
Amish Style Macaroni Salad
I absolutely LOVE Amish Macaroni Salad. I usually purchase it at the grocery store. But recently have decided to try to make it on my own. I went searching through recipes. However, most of the recipes had at least 2 cups of Mayo. So I adjusted and took away ingredients that my family doesn’t necessarily like. This is what I came up with. Even my husband likes it and he really doesn’t care for Macaroni salad at ALL!
2 cups Uncooked elbow macaroni (or use whatever type of noodle you prefer)
3 to 4 hard-boiled eggs-Chopped
2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
1 Small Onion-Chopped
1 Small Red Bell Pepper-Chopped
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 cup salad dressing ( I use Miracle Whip)
1. Cook Macaroni according to package directions or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a Large bowl combine eggs, onion, red bell pepper and relish.
3. In a small bowl combine salad dressing, mustard, white sugar and vinegar.
4. Pour salad dressing mixture over veggies and add pasta. Stir until evenly combine and coated. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Note: I have made this using just one large bowl and combine all ingredients until well coated. It turned out just the same. 🙂
Mighty Tastin’ BBQ Chicken Legs Drumsticks
These are awesome! My daughter went back for seconds and she is NOT a fan of bbq. However, if you are not a fan of chicken with bone in or “wet sticky” bbq then you might not enjoy it.
13 chicken legs (drumsticks) about 4 pounds
1 bottle of your Favorite BBQ sauce (this will get divided up)
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of salt
about 1 teaspoon hot sauce (you can omit this)
1. Divide chicken legs in half .
2. With a sharp knife, make 2 cuts, into the thickest part of each drumstick. Making sure to cut it to the bone.
3. Using 2 freezer bags place half of the the drumsticks in each bag.
4. In 2 small bowls mix 1/4 cup BBQ sauce into each bowl. Then add a Tablespoon of brown Sugar and Apple Cider Vinegar to each bowl. Continue by adding 1/2 of a tsp of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt to each bowl. Stir until combine.
****If you are adding the hot sauce add 1/2 tsp. to each bowl now***
5. Shake each bag gently until the sauce is coated on all chicken legs. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I like to refrigerate mine for 8 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
7. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
8. Remove chicken from bag and place onto baking sheet.
9. Brush all sides of the chicken leg with remaining bbq sauce from the bottle.
10. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and brush generously again with bbq sauce. Return to the oven and repeat the brushing with bbq sauce 3 more times. 15 minutes between each time. Cooking time of 60 minutes.
This chicken is amazing. It is super tender, moist full of flavor and has a beautiful shiny glaze.
Mountain Dew Cake
My whole family loved this cake. It is a spongy cake. My husband said it reminded him of lemon pound cake.
1 box Lemon Cake Mix
1 box Lemon Instant Pudding Mix (3.4 oz)
2/3 cup oil
1 can Mountain Dew (12 oz.)
1. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Next flour the bundt pan. Remove excess flour. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Mix together the lemon cake mix and instant pudding.
4. Add eggs, oil and mountain dew.
5. Mix until well blended and thick.
6. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
7. Let cool for 20 or so minutes before removing from pan.
8. SERVE! You can serve this cake as is, which is really good. Add a glaze. Or sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
1 can Crescent Rolls (I used Garlic Crescent rolls)
6 eggs, scrambled
8-10 slices Bacon (cooked)
1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
Roasted Red Peppers
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Almost forming a “star”. I like to kind of create it where the center looks like a square.
5. Then the bacon comes next. I take a slice of bacon and break it in half and place one piece on top of where the crescent roll will fold over.
6. Top with cheese. Fold over each crescent roll and tuck in to the underneath.
7. Bake at 375 degrees from 15 to 17 minutes.
8. Serve hot by itself or with Salsa.
Note: You can add just about anything you want to this wreath.
Not Your Ordinary Egg Salad
6 eggs (hard-boiled)
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Pepper
Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
It is also a No Bake Pie!!!
1- Graham Cracker Pie Crust (2 extra servings size) 10 inches
8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1 (8 oz tub) Cool Whip
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 can (15 oz) pure Pumpkin
2 packages Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz size)
1 and 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice ***See Note***
1 cup of milk
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
In a medium bowl cream together softened cream cheese, milk and sugar until well combine. Mix in half of the tube of cool whip until smooth.
Pour into graham cracker crust smoothing out and set aside.
For the Pumpkin Layer:
In another medium bowl mix together the pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie Spice, both packages of instant vanilla pudding, and a cup of cold milk. Mix until Thick and pour on top of cream cheese layer. Evenly spreading over the cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate until firm. At least 4 hours. I prefer 8 hours.
***Note***If you do not have Pumpkin Pie Spice on hand you can use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
Chewy Goo Goo Bars
Since Goo Goo Clusters are a Tennessee Candy…..I thought I should make something since we live in the Great state of Tennessee. Where 2 out of 4 of my children were born.
For the base:
1 (18.25 ounce) box Yellow Cake Mix ( I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow)
1 stick butter, melted
5 to 6 Goo Goo Clusters, chopped (If you have a hard time finding Goo Goo Clusters search your local Dollar Tree! I was able to pick them up for $.25 cents each!)
For the Gooey Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix the cake mix, one egg, and melted butter. This will form a pretty thick dough.
3. Using your hands press it into the prepared baking dish.
4. Chop Goo Goo Clusters. Spread chopped Goo Goo Clusters evenly over the dough. You might want to purchase one or two extra….who knows how many chunks of those clusters will make it into your mouth while you chop them up.
5. Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and last 2 eggs until smooth. Pour pretty evenly over top of the Goo Goo Clusters. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes. I actually let mine go for 52 minutes and they were fine. Cool for at least 3 hours…or chill overnight in fridge. Cut into squares and serve.
Note: These are gooey…..if left out the tops will spread out…I would keep them stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
These little bars are yummy and OH SO RICH!!!!!
I had such a wonderful response (via pinterest) with my strawberry cake mix cookies. I thought why not make them into brownies. And it is SO easy!
1 (18.5 oz) box Strawberry cake mix
1/3 cup oil
Milk or water
1. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil. The batter will be thick. Spray a 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Using your fingers press dough into pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Or until edges of the brownies are light brown.
You can let them cool and eat as is. Or glaze them right out of the oven hot! Or let cool then glaze them.
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Candy
So very easy and NO BAKE!!!
2 cups Rice Krispies
2 cups Peanuts (dry Roasted)
2 cups Marshmallows
1 cup Peanut Butter (creamy)
2 (12 ounce packages) White Chocolate Chips plus, 1 cup
1. Combine Rice Krispies, Peanuts and Marshmallows in a LARGE bowl.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl melt peanut butter and white chocolate chips for 1 minutes…and then for 2o to 30 seconds, stirring after until melted.
3. Add Peanut butter mixture into dry mixture.
4. Drop by 1/4 cup onto wax paper. Let set until firm. Usually 2 to 3 hours. Store in an airtight container.
Note: You can also use the colored marshmallows.
Boston Market Cornbread
This cornbread is fabulous! What makes it even better is that it is so easy. You can make these in little loaf pans, as muffins or in a 13 X 9 baking dish.
2 Boxes (8.5 oz.) Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 Box (16.5 oz.) Butter Golden Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines Classic Butter Golden Mix)
Plus ingredients on packages. Mine Included:
1/2 cup of water
7 tablespoons of butter, softened
2/3 cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the loaf pan, baking pan, muffin cups….etc. with cooking spray.
2. Mix the cake mix according to package directions.
3. Mix the corn muffin mix according to the package directions in a large bowl.
4. Combine the cake mix into the corn muffin mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees. Until done. I used a 13 x 9 baking pan and it took about 36 minutes. It will be golden brown on top. Insert a toothpick into the center and it should come out clean.