You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘pot luck’ tag.
Mountain Dew Cake
My whole family loved this cake. It is a spongy cake. My husband said it reminded him of lemon pound cake.
1 box Lemon Cake Mix
1 box Lemon Instant Pudding Mix (3.4 oz)
2/3 cup oil
1 can Mountain Dew (12 oz.)
1. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Next flour the bundt pan. Remove excess flour. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Mix together the lemon cake mix and instant pudding.
4. Add eggs, oil and mountain dew.
5. Mix until well blended and thick.
6. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.
7. Let cool for 20 or so minutes before removing from pan.
8. SERVE! You can serve this cake as is, which is really good. Add a glaze. Or sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
Easy Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
It is also a No Bake Pie!!!
1- Graham Cracker Pie Crust (2 extra servings size) 10 inches
8 oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
1 (8 oz tub) Cool Whip
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 can (15 oz) pure Pumpkin
2 packages Instant Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz size)
1 and 3/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice ***See Note***
1 cup of milk
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
In a medium bowl cream together softened cream cheese, milk and sugar until well combine. Mix in half of the tube of cool whip until smooth.
Pour into graham cracker crust smoothing out and set aside.
For the Pumpkin Layer:
In another medium bowl mix together the pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie Spice, both packages of instant vanilla pudding, and a cup of cold milk. Mix until Thick and pour on top of cream cheese layer. Evenly spreading over the cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate until firm. At least 4 hours. I prefer 8 hours.
***Note***If you do not have Pumpkin Pie Spice on hand you can use 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
Chewy Goo Goo Bars
Since Goo Goo Clusters are a Tennessee Candy…..I thought I should make something since we live in the Great state of Tennessee. Where 2 out of 4 of my children were born.
For the base:
1 (18.25 ounce) box Yellow Cake Mix ( I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow)
1 stick butter, melted
5 to 6 Goo Goo Clusters, chopped (If you have a hard time finding Goo Goo Clusters search your local Dollar Tree! I was able to pick them up for $.25 cents each!)
For the Gooey Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix the cake mix, one egg, and melted butter. This will form a pretty thick dough.
3. Using your hands press it into the prepared baking dish.
4. Chop Goo Goo Clusters. Spread chopped Goo Goo Clusters evenly over the dough. You might want to purchase one or two extra….who knows how many chunks of those clusters will make it into your mouth while you chop them up.
5. Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and last 2 eggs until smooth. Pour pretty evenly over top of the Goo Goo Clusters. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes. I actually let mine go for 52 minutes and they were fine. Cool for at least 3 hours…or chill overnight in fridge. Cut into squares and serve.
Note: These are gooey…..if left out the tops will spread out…I would keep them stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
These little bars are yummy and OH SO RICH!!!!!
Cheesy Tuna Tomato Casserole
My husband, daughter and myself just love this. My 11-year-old son….ate it but didn’t say much about it. My 8-year-old ate half of it…..he didn’t really care for it but he knows mommy is not a short order cook and ate what would fill him up. And I can just about forget my VERY VERY picky 14-year-old son eating it.
2 (5 oz) cans of Tuna, drained
1 cup Mayo
1 small Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I didn’t add this)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
10 Plum Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions minus two minutes of cook time. Drain.
3. Combine drained tuna, mayo, onion, salt and pepper into a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Combine tuna mixture with noodles. Mixing to evenly coat the noodles.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Layer with half of the noodle mixture, half of the sliced tomatoes followed by half of the cheese. Pressing down slightly as you work. Repeat the layers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My 13-year-old daughter has been requesting nachos for sometime. She was thrilled to be having nachos for dinner as was everyone else.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Shredded chicken breast
2 tablespoons or 1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I did not use salt)
1 cup Salsa
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
small can of sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet as evenly as you can with the tortilla chips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and the white parts of the green onions in canola, until the onions are tender. Mix in the shredded chicken.
- NOTE: I used my crock pot for my chicken I placed 2 chicken breast in the crock pot and covered with 2 tablespoons of taco season and set on low and let cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. It shredded easily. You can use any kind of shredded chicken that you would like. I think a shredded Rotisserie chicken would be good too.
Toss the chicken with the green onions and stir in Salsa.
- Put the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes just to ‘warm’.
- When done warming spoon chicken mixture as evenly as you can over the tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomato, and olives.
- Return to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
You can make this with just about anything…and top with just about anything. I also think it would be good with refried beans.
Cheesy Chili Dip
This will quickly become a family favorite!
1 pkg. (8 oz) Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 cup of your favorite Chunky Salsa
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Divided (I am absolutely SURE I used more! 😉 )
1 can Chili Beans, drained
3 Tablespoons Sliced Green Onions
3 Tablespoons pitted sliced black olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine softened Cream Cheese and salsa and spread in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.
3. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese (or your desired amount)
4. Spread Chili beans over shredded cheese. And then top with another layer of shredded cheese.
5. Sprinkle green onions and olives (optional) over top.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
Peanut Butter Half Moon Crackers
Kid tested and approved! Cleared the plate of them and asked for more! Great for a party or even the Super bowl.
40 Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup Marshmallow Creme
1/3 cup peanut butter
4 squares of Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 Tablespoons peanuts-chopped (optional)
1. On a wax paper lined cookie sheet place half of the Ritz crackers face down.
2. Microwave Marshmallow Creme and Peanut butter for approx. 30 seconds. Stir until well combine.
3. Place peanut butter mixture in a plastic baggie and snip off a corner. Pipe about a tablespoon of mixture onto each cracker.
4. Top with another Ritz cracker and press the crackers together…being careful not to press to hard to break the cracker.
5. Refrigerate until firm. Approx. 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Melt Semi-Sweet baker’s chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Dunk each cracker half way into the chocolate, place on wax paper. And top with chopped peanuts.
7. Return to fridge to harden the chocolate. About 20 to 30 minutes. After the chocolate has set, snack away!