You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Let’s Get Cookin’ tag.
Amish Style Macaroni Salad
I absolutely LOVE Amish Macaroni Salad. I usually purchase it at the grocery store. But recently have decided to try to make it on my own. I went searching through recipes. However, most of the recipes had at least 2 cups of Mayo. So I adjusted and took away ingredients that my family doesn’t necessarily like. This is what I came up with. Even my husband likes it and he really doesn’t care for Macaroni salad at ALL!
2 cups Uncooked elbow macaroni (or use whatever type of noodle you prefer)
3 to 4 hard-boiled eggs-Chopped
2 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish
1 Small Onion-Chopped
1 Small Red Bell Pepper-Chopped
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 cup salad dressing ( I use Miracle Whip)
1. Cook Macaroni according to package directions or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a Large bowl combine eggs, onion, red bell pepper and relish.
3. In a small bowl combine salad dressing, mustard, white sugar and vinegar.
4. Pour salad dressing mixture over veggies and add pasta. Stir until evenly combine and coated. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Note: I have made this using just one large bowl and combine all ingredients until well coated. It turned out just the same. 🙂
My very FIRST post on my new recipe blog to start off the NEW YEAR!!!!
I hope you all have a Wonderful New Year ahead of you!
On this blog, I am going to be sharing a mix of things.
- More Recipes with the pictures of the finished product.
- Cookbook reviews.
- Whole recipes with a ‘tutorial’ of pictures in the process of being made
- Cooking and baking tips and tricks. (as well as household tips)
- Cookbook recommendations (this sort of falls in line with the cookbook reviews)
- Anything else that I can come up with to make this a fun, interactive recipe/food blog.
So stay tuned!!! I am really excited for this because one of my favorite past times is to cook and bake. Now, I am no chef. I have been cooking (on my own) for 17 years. The first 2 to 4 years was a learning experience for me. And I am still learning. And I do make mistakes. But that is part of the fun of it. Sometimes, my mistakes lead to a wonderful main meal, dessert or side dish.
I also love to bake and make cookies, chocolate suckers, and candies……those recipes are to come as well. And if you have any suggestions for the blog. Please let me know in a comment! Have I mentioned that I love receiving comments!???
Tomorrow, my blog post will be about the right cookbooks to give bacholers, bachelorettes,college students, anyone learning how to cook.
Let’s Get Cookin’!!!!