You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘dinner’ tag.
Mighty Tastin’ BBQ Chicken Legs Drumsticks
These are awesome! My daughter went back for seconds and she is NOT a fan of bbq. However, if you are not a fan of chicken with bone in or “wet sticky” bbq then you might not enjoy it.
13 chicken legs (drumsticks) about 4 pounds
1 bottle of your Favorite BBQ sauce (this will get divided up)
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of salt
about 1 teaspoon hot sauce (you can omit this)
1. Divide chicken legs in half .
2. With a sharp knife, make 2 cuts, into the thickest part of each drumstick. Making sure to cut it to the bone.
3. Using 2 freezer bags place half of the the drumsticks in each bag.
4. In 2 small bowls mix 1/4 cup BBQ sauce into each bowl. Then add a Tablespoon of brown Sugar and Apple Cider Vinegar to each bowl. Continue by adding 1/2 of a tsp of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt to each bowl. Stir until combine.
****If you are adding the hot sauce add 1/2 tsp. to each bowl now***
5. Shake each bag gently until the sauce is coated on all chicken legs. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I like to refrigerate mine for 8 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
7. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
8. Remove chicken from bag and place onto baking sheet.
9. Brush all sides of the chicken leg with remaining bbq sauce from the bottle.
10. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and brush generously again with bbq sauce. Return to the oven and repeat the brushing with bbq sauce 3 more times. 15 minutes between each time. Cooking time of 60 minutes.
This chicken is amazing. It is super tender, moist full of flavor and has a beautiful shiny glaze.
An easy recipe! Low and slow cooking. Great recipe for leftovers or freezer cooking.
1- 3 to 6 pound Pork Loin, boneless
Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
Liquid Smoke ( Our favorite flavor is Natural Mesquite)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Generously salt the fronts and back of the pork loin.
3. Pour on desired amount of liquid smoke on both sides. Using hands to “rub” it into the loin. ( I use between 1/4 of a bottle to half a bottle of liquid smoke.)
4. Wrap in foil. Making sure you seal it completely. Placed wrapped loin in roasting pan.
5. Cook in a 250 degree oven for 8 to 10 hours. I do this at night so it is ready to shred first thing in the morning. This is great for freezer meals!
Notes: Although, I prefer an oven for this recipe you can make it in a slow cooker. This is great recipe for bbq sandwiches!
Slow Cooker Burritos
2 Pounds Stew Meat
Enchilada Sauce 28 ounces (I used Las Palmas Mild Enchilada Sauce)
1 small can of refried beans
7-8 flour tortillas (Burrito sized)
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1. Through stew meat and enchilada Sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours. Until meat is tender and can easily separate.
2. Heat refried beans in microwave until warm.
3. When done. Put approx. 1/2 cup of meat into a burrito sized tortilla. Along with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. The refried beans are optional.
4. Place in a baking dish and cover with remain enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Broil for approx. 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips!
Freezer Cooking Chicken Fajita’s
I am trying to incorporate more freezer cooking into my meal planning. At least 2 weeks worth of freezer meals for the month. Chicken Fajita’s seemed to be the perfect freezer meal to start.
1 -1/2 Green Peppers, Sliced
1/2 Red Pepper, Sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 1/2 to 2 pounds Boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
1. Slice peppers and onion and place into a large bowl.
2. Next pound the chicken breast with a mallet. I like to do this because I feel like it makes the chicken tender and gives me more strips.
3. Cut the chicken into strips and place in the same bowl with the peppers and onions. Add a tablespoon of lime/lemon juice and the seasoning and toss.
4. Make sure your freezer bag is labeled with contents and directions on how to cook.
5. Place in bag. Put in Freezer.
6. When ready to eat: Thaw. Place in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. And stir fry until chicken is cook through and veggies are softened. Serve with warm flour tortillas.
Cheesy Tuna Tomato Casserole
My husband, daughter and myself just love this. My 11-year-old son….ate it but didn’t say much about it. My 8-year-old ate half of it…..he didn’t really care for it but he knows mommy is not a short order cook and ate what would fill him up. And I can just about forget my VERY VERY picky 14-year-old son eating it.
2 (5 oz) cans of Tuna, drained
1 cup Mayo
1 small Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I didn’t add this)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
10 Plum Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions minus two minutes of cook time. Drain.
3. Combine drained tuna, mayo, onion, salt and pepper into a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Combine tuna mixture with noodles. Mixing to evenly coat the noodles.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Layer with half of the noodle mixture, half of the sliced tomatoes followed by half of the cheese. Pressing down slightly as you work. Repeat the layers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Easy Creamy Chipped Beef on Toast
Fast & Easy to Prepare!
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 cups milk, (more or less depending on desired thickness)
3 to 4 — 2 ounce packages of Buddig Beef lunch meat, chopped
a pinch of cayenne pepper
Texas toast or your preferred bread-toasted
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in flour to form a roux. Adding in milk, a little at a time.
2. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Bring to a boil, stir in chopped beef lunch meat and cayenne, heat through and serve over toast.
Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My 13-year-old daughter has been requesting nachos for sometime. She was thrilled to be having nachos for dinner as was everyone else.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Shredded chicken breast
2 tablespoons or 1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I did not use salt)
1 cup Salsa
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
small can of sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet as evenly as you can with the tortilla chips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and the white parts of the green onions in canola, until the onions are tender. Mix in the shredded chicken.
- NOTE: I used my crock pot for my chicken I placed 2 chicken breast in the crock pot and covered with 2 tablespoons of taco season and set on low and let cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. It shredded easily. You can use any kind of shredded chicken that you would like. I think a shredded Rotisserie chicken would be good too.
Toss the chicken with the green onions and stir in Salsa.
- Put the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes just to ‘warm’.
- When done warming spoon chicken mixture as evenly as you can over the tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomato, and olives.
- Return to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
You can make this with just about anything…and top with just about anything. I also think it would be good with refried beans.
Parmesan Chicken With Bow Tie Pasta
1 box (12 oz.) Bow-Tie Pasta
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 cups Broccoli Florets
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 small onion, finely diced
2 gloves of garlic
1 (14.5 oz can) Petite Diced Tomatoes, Drained
1/2 to 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook Pasta in boiling Salted water according to package direction. Until al dente. Add broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving at 1 cup of cooking liquid (you might decide to leave this out all together).
2. Toss Pasta and Broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
3. Warm remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. At this point you can also season with Salt and Pepper. I stay away from adding Salt to anything. Saute, this for approx. 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes add in the Diced Tomatoes; and saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the pasta mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. I used about 3/4 of a cup cooking liquid.
6. Since we LOVE cheese in our house….once everything was heated evenly throughout I topped with MORE Parmesan Cheese.
Tips: You will need a LARGE skillet for this. It makes a lot. Make sure the chicken you use is cooked! I have several chicken breast made ahead of time and just diced them up.
Shredded Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa
So Simple just throw it all in and forget for about 5 hours!
3-4 Boneless Skinless chicken Breast
1 cup your favorite Salsa (preferably jarred salsa)
2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning (or 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning)
1 can (10.5 oz.) Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 can (15.25 oz.) corn
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Place chicken breast in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Add in Salsa, Cream Of Chicken Soup, Diced Red Bell Pepper, and Corn. I do not stir. I just leave it sitting as is in the pot.
2. Leave it for 4 to 6 hours. Mine was done in about 5.
3. Shred Chicken, return to slow cooker (I just shred it in the crock pot).
4. Add Sour Cream and stir until combine!
5. And your done! Serve in Flour Tortilla’s to make burritos. Or over brown rice!
Next time I make this I am going to try adding Chipotle Corn for added flavor and spice.
Chicken Parmesan Hoagie Sandwich
There are a few things that I like about this recipe. It is simple to make. It is baked. It is chicken. And it is fast to make! Oh, it is also really tasty too!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce (Use your favorite, we like Tomato, Garlic and Onion)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (I used more….We really like our cheese)
4 long Italian Rolls (I used Cobblestone Mill Hoagies, Philly Style)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. You do not want your chicken to be too thick. I cut my chicken breast in half and then pounded it out just a touch with my kitchen mallet.
3. Coat Chicken in egg and then bread crumbs. Then place into baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes Pour Spaghetti sauce over top of chicken and top with cheese.
6. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve on Hoagie rolls!