You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Chocolate Chip Bars’ tag.
April 20, 2012 in dessert, Pot Luck | Tags: bars, chocolate chip, Chocolate Chip Bars, Chocolate Chip cookies, church functions, dessert, Family Get Togethers, pot luck, snack, treat | Leave a comment
Chocolate Chip Bars
In a hurry? Whip this little treat up fast!
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/3 cup shortening
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips (Semi-Sweet, Milk Chocolate)
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 13 X 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set Aside.
2. Whisk together Flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture and stir until combine.
5. Fold in Chocolate Chips and Nuts (optional)
6. Spread Batter in prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Mine were done at EXACTLY 20 minutes. Cool in pan and cut into bars!