You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Slow Cooker’ category.
An easy recipe! Low and slow cooking. Great recipe for leftovers or freezer cooking.
1- 3 to 6 pound Pork Loin, boneless
Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
Liquid Smoke ( Our favorite flavor is Natural Mesquite)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Generously salt the fronts and back of the pork loin.
3. Pour on desired amount of liquid smoke on both sides. Using hands to “rub” it into the loin. ( I use between 1/4 of a bottle to half a bottle of liquid smoke.)
4. Wrap in foil. Making sure you seal it completely. Placed wrapped loin in roasting pan.
5. Cook in a 250 degree oven for 8 to 10 hours. I do this at night so it is ready to shred first thing in the morning. This is great for freezer meals!
Notes: Although, I prefer an oven for this recipe you can make it in a slow cooker. This is great recipe for bbq sandwiches!
Slow Cooker Burritos
2 Pounds Stew Meat
Enchilada Sauce 28 ounces (I used Las Palmas Mild Enchilada Sauce)
1 small can of refried beans
7-8 flour tortillas (Burrito sized)
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1. Through stew meat and enchilada Sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours. Until meat is tender and can easily separate.
2. Heat refried beans in microwave until warm.
3. When done. Put approx. 1/2 cup of meat into a burrito sized tortilla. Along with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. The refried beans are optional.
4. Place in a baking dish and cover with remain enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Broil for approx. 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips!
Sweet & Tangy Meatballs (Slow Cooker, Freezer Meal)
So easy to through together in a ziploc bag and freeze! Even easier to make! If that is even possible! We like these meatballs served over rice. You can also put them on a hoagie or even use them as an appetizer at a party or potluck.
1 (32 oz) Package of meatballs (I actually use the Great Value Homestyle brand from Wal-Mart)
1 (36 oz) jar of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 (32 oz) jar of grape jelly
(You will also need 2 ziploc baggies for freezing)
1. Label baggies with contents and date! I also print directions right on the bag on how to cook.
2. In each bag put half of the meatballs, jelly and bbq sauce. I usually end up somewhere between 24 and 30 meatballs in each bag.
3. Once all ingredients are in the baggies. Zip them up and squish them together until good and combine.
5. When ready to make. I take out of freezer and let thaw for one hour.
6. Place in slow cooker. I use my 2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. When ready place over rice and serve.
Shredded Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa
So Simple just throw it all in and forget for about 5 hours!
3-4 Boneless Skinless chicken Breast
1 cup your favorite Salsa (preferably jarred salsa)
2 teaspoons Taco Seasoning (or 1 pkg. Taco Seasoning)
1 can (10.5 oz.) Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 can (15.25 oz.) corn
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Place chicken breast in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Add in Salsa, Cream Of Chicken Soup, Diced Red Bell Pepper, and Corn. I do not stir. I just leave it sitting as is in the pot.
2. Leave it for 4 to 6 hours. Mine was done in about 5.
3. Shred Chicken, return to slow cooker (I just shred it in the crock pot).
4. Add Sour Cream and stir until combine!
5. And your done! Serve in Flour Tortilla’s to make burritos. Or over brown rice!
Next time I make this I am going to try adding Chipotle Corn for added flavor and spice.
A slow Cooker meal. This makes enough for left overs and lunches!
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Pork
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Beef
2 (14.5 ounce) cans cream style corn
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced potatoes
1 to 1.5 pounds of shredded chicken
Louisiana Hot Sauce (To Taste)
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
1. Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker (crock pot). Stir to combine.
2. Add Hot Sauce and Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve Hot with Corn bread!
Note: You can use 2 (12.5 ounce) cans of chicken in place of the shredded chicken. I usually make up a huge pot of chicken cooked low all day in the crock pot and shred it all up to be put into all kinds of recipes.
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
This is the recipe I used to serve a family of 6. It gives me plenty of leftovers for lunches and leftover night.
3 lbs. ground beef
1 cup onions diced
1 cup celery diced
1 cup green pepper diced
1 1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoon vinegar
3 Tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. In a LARGE skillet brown ground beef. Breaking it up into small pieces.
2. Drain beef and place in slow cooker.
3. Dump all the remaining ingredients in and give it a good stir!
4. Turn slow cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours. Serve on Hamburger buns.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
1/2 tsp. Poultry seasoning
Slow Cooker BBQ
1 (3-5 pound) boneless chuck roast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
A few onion slices
2 (18 ounce) your favorite bottle barbecue sauce (I use Cattlemen’s Mississippi Honey)
Place Roast in Crock pot/ Slow Cooker with all above ingredients only using one bottle of the bbq sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
At the end of the 6 hours, drain all liquid reserving about a cup of it.
Shred the roast and return to crock pot. Return the shredded roast to the crock pot and cover with the remaining bottle of BBQ sauce. Adding the reserved liquid as needed. Cook on low for an additional hour.