You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Sandwiches’ category.
Not Your Ordinary Egg Salad
6 eggs (hard-boiled)
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Pepper
Grilled Bacon & Onion Sandwich
In the summer I like to make easy lunches. This is super easy. Bonus is that my whole family loves it- minus 1. This recipe serves approx. 6. That possibly could be stretched. But who wants to skimp on BACON????
10 Slices of Bacon, cut into 1/2 slices
12 slices of Cheese (choose your favorite, My kids and myself liked the favorite stand by of American Cheese, my husband chose Pepper Jack Cheese)
1 medium onion, sliced finely (I used, Vidalia onions)
1 loaf of Texas Toast
1. In a skillet, crisp bacon over medium heat. Approx. 5 minutes. If you want a crunchier bacon fry it longer.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and place on paper towel.
4. Take 2 piece of toast, place one piece of cheese on the bottom and then fill with bacon mixer. Top with another cheese slice.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of the sandwich. Place into same skillet you used to make the bacon mixture. On LOW/Medium heat cook for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Repeat process until all Sandwiches are made!
My husband & Daughter said that this sandwich remind them of something you would eat at Steak N Shake.
Chicken Parmesan Hoagie Sandwich
There are a few things that I like about this recipe. It is simple to make. It is baked. It is chicken. And it is fast to make! Oh, it is also really tasty too!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce (Use your favorite, we like Tomato, Garlic and Onion)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (I used more….We really like our cheese)
4 long Italian Rolls (I used Cobblestone Mill Hoagies, Philly Style)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. You do not want your chicken to be too thick. I cut my chicken breast in half and then pounded it out just a touch with my kitchen mallet.
3. Coat Chicken in egg and then bread crumbs. Then place into baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes Pour Spaghetti sauce over top of chicken and top with cheese.
6. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve on Hoagie rolls!
Sweet & Spicy Sammie
So easy and surprisingly good!
Louisiana Hot Sauce
Red Pepper Jelly (optional)
Cream Cheese, softened (You can use whipped or block cream cheese, just make sure it is a room temp).
Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
Ham, Chicken, Turkey (Use one, mix and match them, it is up to you)
Pineapple Slices (optional)
1. Gently beat 2 eggs in a bowl and add a couple of dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Remember a little goes a LONG way! Stir until mixed.
2. Start building your sandwich. On one slice spread cream cheese. On the other spread the jelly (optional). Add the Pepper Jack cheese on the side with the jelly.
3. Next add the ham (or turkey, chicken…) and then top with a slice of pineapple!
4. Preheat your grill, flat skillet on medium heat.
5. Dip your Sandwich in your egg mixture, coating both sides with the mixture.
6. Place your sandwich on the skillet on each side until both sides are lightly browned.
Notes: You do not have to use pineapple or Red pepper Jelly. You can omit both. Or just omit one. I like it without the jelly. My husband prefers it WITH the jelly. My daughter doesn’t care for the pineapple. Also if there is too much heat….you can omit the Louisiana Hot Sauce from the egg mixture as well. I do want to try this with grape jelly…just haven’t got around to it yet.
This is so great to use those leftovers. That Easter Ham….even great around Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Delicious Egg Salad
Perfect for spring and summer. Or just for lunch on any day. You can eat this on a bun, Sandwich bread, flat bread….with tomato, lettuce, onion…..etc. My husband even likes his grilled.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard or dijon Mustard
1/4 cup chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Hard boil the eggs.
2. Slice and Dice the eggs. I use a egg slicer’s and then after I have sliced all the eggs; I take a butter knife and cut through them randomly.
3. Add all other ingredients. And stir to combine.