You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Muffins’ category.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
Do you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Do your kids? Then you are going to love these muffins. They are a dense muffin. They taste just about as close as you can get to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Peanut Butter (Crunchy or Creamy, either will work)
1 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Your favorite Jam, Jelly or Preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl combine Flour, Sugar, baking powder and Salt.
3. Next you need to cut in the peanut butter using a fork (like if you were making a pie crust or a pastry). I used my pastry blender. You can also use a food processor. The mix should be crumbly.
4. In a small bowl mix together the milk, egg and vanilla.
5. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture until just combine.
6. Drop spoonful of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. Making sure the bottoms are completely covered.
7. Next place a teaspoon to a teaspoon and a half of jelly in the center.
8. Top with the remaining peanut butter batter. Taking care that the Jelly is completely covered.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
These muffins are not only great for breakfast. But are just as nice for a snack or with lunch/dinner. And they are super simple to make.
2 cups AP (All Purpose) Flour
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries (frozen can be used just make sure that they are thawed)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray. You can use cupcake liners for this. However, for this recipe I like to omit the liners all together.
2. In a large bowl combine the first 4 ingredients.
3. Add in Blueberries to the flour mixture. And set aside.
4. In a small bowl beat egg and milk; stir in the melted butter.
5. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry until just moistened.
6. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven or until golden brown.
8. Serve warm.
Irresistible Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 cups Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 11.5 oz Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
2/3 cup Milk
½ cup of Butter-Melted
2 Tbsp of Sour Cream
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners and spray the edges with non stick cooking spray. So the top of the muffins do not stick. These little babies rise!
2. In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. (You do NOT taste the cinnamon in this recipe. It really brings out the flavor of the milk chocolate chips!) Set Aside!
3. Place the chocolate chips and half a cup of the dry ingredients mix into another small bowl and toss to make sure each piece of chocolate chips are coated in the mixture. This will prevent the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the muffins!
4. In a large bowl mix together the remaining ingredients until combined. Add the dry ingredients and just mix to combine but not over mixing.
5. Fold in the chocolate chip mixture and make sure they are evenly spread out through out the batter.
6. Using a 1/4 measuring cup fill each muffin with the batter.
7. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
The sour cream makes the cake part itself is so moist and delicious and the cinnamon brings out the chocolate flavor and together it’s a match made in heaven!