You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Lunch’ category.
Pizza Crescent Roll Ups
I found this idea on pinterest. After looking at the recipe, I added a couple of ingredients to make it more “pizzeria” style. These make a great after school snack. As well a great Bento Lunch box idea!
1-2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 can crescent rolls
Pepperoni Slices (you will need approx. 40)
4 cheese sticks (cut in half)
Sprinkling of Garlic Powder
1/8 cup butter, Melted
Pizza Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet, pizza pan…with cooking spray and then sprinkle with a tablespoon or 2 of cornmeal. Coating the pan evenly with the cornmeal. (This was a bonus…it made it taste like something out of a pizzeria to me.
2. Unroll the crescent rolls. I found it easier to just work one and a time. Separate each crescent roll.
3. Place 4-6 slices of pepperoni at the widest end of each crescent roll.
4. Place half a slice of a cheese stick in the center and roll up. I try to close the ends of the roll ups as best as I can. You will have a small amount of “Cheesy Bubbling” coming through when fully baked.
5. Sprinkle each crescent roll with Garlic Powder.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them. Oven temps do very!
7. Once out of the oven brush each one with a little melted butter. Serve with warmed pizza sauce.
Slow Cooker Burritos
2 Pounds Stew Meat
Enchilada Sauce 28 ounces (I used Las Palmas Mild Enchilada Sauce)
1 small can of refried beans
7-8 flour tortillas (Burrito sized)
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1. Through stew meat and enchilada Sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours. Until meat is tender and can easily separate.
2. Heat refried beans in microwave until warm.
3. When done. Put approx. 1/2 cup of meat into a burrito sized tortilla. Along with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. The refried beans are optional.
4. Place in a baking dish and cover with remain enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Broil for approx. 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips!
Sweet & Tangy Meatballs (Slow Cooker, Freezer Meal)
So easy to through together in a ziploc bag and freeze! Even easier to make! If that is even possible! We like these meatballs served over rice. You can also put them on a hoagie or even use them as an appetizer at a party or potluck.
1 (32 oz) Package of meatballs (I actually use the Great Value Homestyle brand from Wal-Mart)
1 (36 oz) jar of bbq sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 (32 oz) jar of grape jelly
(You will also need 2 ziploc baggies for freezing)
1. Label baggies with contents and date! I also print directions right on the bag on how to cook.
2. In each bag put half of the meatballs, jelly and bbq sauce. I usually end up somewhere between 24 and 30 meatballs in each bag.
3. Once all ingredients are in the baggies. Zip them up and squish them together until good and combine.
5. When ready to make. I take out of freezer and let thaw for one hour.
6. Place in slow cooker. I use my 2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. When ready place over rice and serve.
Cheesy Tuna Tomato Casserole
My husband, daughter and myself just love this. My 11-year-old son….ate it but didn’t say much about it. My 8-year-old ate half of it…..he didn’t really care for it but he knows mommy is not a short order cook and ate what would fill him up. And I can just about forget my VERY VERY picky 14-year-old son eating it.
2 (5 oz) cans of Tuna, drained
1 cup Mayo
1 small Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I didn’t add this)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
10 Plum Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions minus two minutes of cook time. Drain.
3. Combine drained tuna, mayo, onion, salt and pepper into a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Combine tuna mixture with noodles. Mixing to evenly coat the noodles.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Layer with half of the noodle mixture, half of the sliced tomatoes followed by half of the cheese. Pressing down slightly as you work. Repeat the layers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Easy Creamy Chipped Beef on Toast
Fast & Easy to Prepare!
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 cups milk, (more or less depending on desired thickness)
3 to 4 — 2 ounce packages of Buddig Beef lunch meat, chopped
a pinch of cayenne pepper
Texas toast or your preferred bread-toasted
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in flour to form a roux. Adding in milk, a little at a time.
2. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Bring to a boil, stir in chopped beef lunch meat and cayenne, heat through and serve over toast.
Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My 13-year-old daughter has been requesting nachos for sometime. She was thrilled to be having nachos for dinner as was everyone else.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Shredded chicken breast
2 tablespoons or 1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I did not use salt)
1 cup Salsa
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
small can of sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet as evenly as you can with the tortilla chips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and the white parts of the green onions in canola, until the onions are tender. Mix in the shredded chicken.
- NOTE: I used my crock pot for my chicken I placed 2 chicken breast in the crock pot and covered with 2 tablespoons of taco season and set on low and let cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. It shredded easily. You can use any kind of shredded chicken that you would like. I think a shredded Rotisserie chicken would be good too.
Toss the chicken with the green onions and stir in Salsa.
- Put the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes just to ‘warm’.
- When done warming spoon chicken mixture as evenly as you can over the tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomato, and olives.
- Return to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
You can make this with just about anything…and top with just about anything. I also think it would be good with refried beans.
Parmesan Chicken With Bow Tie Pasta
1 box (12 oz.) Bow-Tie Pasta
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 cups Broccoli Florets
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 small onion, finely diced
2 gloves of garlic
1 (14.5 oz can) Petite Diced Tomatoes, Drained
1/2 to 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook Pasta in boiling Salted water according to package direction. Until al dente. Add broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving at 1 cup of cooking liquid (you might decide to leave this out all together).
2. Toss Pasta and Broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
3. Warm remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. At this point you can also season with Salt and Pepper. I stay away from adding Salt to anything. Saute, this for approx. 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes add in the Diced Tomatoes; and saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the pasta mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. I used about 3/4 of a cup cooking liquid.
6. Since we LOVE cheese in our house….once everything was heated evenly throughout I topped with MORE Parmesan Cheese.
Tips: You will need a LARGE skillet for this. It makes a lot. Make sure the chicken you use is cooked! I have several chicken breast made ahead of time and just diced them up.
Fun to make & Eat!
What you need:
Ziploc Baggies (one for each egg you are coloring)
Eggs (you choose how many)
Liquid Food Coloring
Water (for boiling eggs)
1. Add eggs to cold water and bring to boil. Boil for approx. 6 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. After eggs have slightly cooled, gently tap on a hard surface until cracks appear all over the egg.
4. Put a Tablespoon of food coloring in Ziploc baggies. Then add egg.
5. Roll the eggs around the bag to make sure that they are coated.
6. Repeat with all eggs.
7. Let set for approx. 30 minutes. To let the eggs absorb the food coloring.
8. After set, remove eggs from bag and rinse off with cold water. To remove excess food coloring.
9. Pour white vinegar over eggs (lightly splashing each egg) to set color.
10. Peel the egg and enjoy your surprise design!
Chicken Parmesan Hoagie Sandwich
There are a few things that I like about this recipe. It is simple to make. It is baked. It is chicken. And it is fast to make! Oh, it is also really tasty too!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds of chicken)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce (Use your favorite, we like Tomato, Garlic and Onion)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese (I used more….We really like our cheese)
4 long Italian Rolls (I used Cobblestone Mill Hoagies, Philly Style)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. You do not want your chicken to be too thick. I cut my chicken breast in half and then pounded it out just a touch with my kitchen mallet.
3. Coat Chicken in egg and then bread crumbs. Then place into baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes Pour Spaghetti sauce over top of chicken and top with cheese.
6. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve on Hoagie rolls!