You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘fruit’ category.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup Sauce
So simple to make! Awesome over French Toast, Waffles, Pancakes, and Ice Cream!
3 cups Strawberries, Mashed
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1. Prep Strawberry by removing leaves and slicing in half. You will need about 6 cups UNMASHED strawberries. Once mashed it should reduce to around 3 cups.
2. Over medium heat in a 3 quart saucepan add strawberries and 1 cup sugar. You can add this by taste and not use the whole cup of sugar. It just depend on how sweet your strawberries are. Bring to a simmer.
3. Fill a measuring cup to 1/4 of a cup and add 2 tablespoon of water. Stir until combine.
4. Add in the cornstarch and water into simmering strawberry mixture.
5. Bring to a simmer once again. It will start becoming thick.
6. If your desired thickness is not reached you can add another 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
7. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes for it to thicken up.
You will need to stir this constantly.
Pour into mason jars and refrigerate until ready to use.
Frozen Glitter Grapes
So Good! So easy to make! Perfect during the summer.
Bunch of Grapes
1 (3 ounce package) Jell-o gelatin Any flavor of your choice, not prepared. Generic works just as well.
1. Rinse Grapes under water. Patting almost dry with a paper towel. You don’t want them dry….you need some moisture on them for the gelatin to stick.
2. Roll a bunch of grapes in 1/3 of the box of gelatin. After you have a grape coated put onto a plate and continue until all grapes are done. Adding Gelatin as it gets low. ( I used lime Jell-0 Gelatin)
3. Place in freezer for a couple of hours. Then they are ready to enjoy.
Note: I tried placing the gelatin in a baggie and putting the grapes into the bag and just tossing. It really didn’t get all the grapes coated to my liking. So I just ended up rolling 4 or 5 at a time on a plate until all were coated.