You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Fish’ category.
This is my recipe to feed my family of 6. It just might sound like a lot of ingredients. But it did give us lunch for the next day (at least for a couple of us). This is not a dinner to eat all the time. It is loaded with sodium. Everything in moderation!
5- 5 oz cans of skinless boneless Salmon (I use Chicken of the Sea brand)
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of crushed Saltine crackers plus an additional 2/3 cup
1/4 heaping cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip!)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup onion
1 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1. Drain can’s of Salmon Juice. Reserving 1/4 cup (you may need it to use later).
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Except 2/3 cup crushed crackers and the reserved juice.
3. Mix all the ingredients well. If it is too dry add the reserve salmon liquid…not all just a little at a time to get the moisture in that you want. If it is too wet…add some cracker crumbs.
4. Make into patties. I ended up with 8 patties. Yours will vary depending on how big you make them.
5.Next, coat patties in remaining bread crumbs on both sides.
6. Heat a skillet at med/low heat…add some butter or oil. Cook patties on both sides until brown. I did about 4 minutes each side.
Serve Hot! You can serve this all by itself with Lemon sauce or Tartar Sauce. Or you can make it in burger form using tomato and lettuce.