You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘BBQ’ category.
Mighty Tastin’ BBQ Chicken Legs Drumsticks
These are awesome! My daughter went back for seconds and she is NOT a fan of bbq. However, if you are not a fan of chicken with bone in or “wet sticky” bbq then you might not enjoy it.
13 chicken legs (drumsticks) about 4 pounds
1 bottle of your Favorite BBQ sauce (this will get divided up)
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of salt
about 1 teaspoon hot sauce (you can omit this)
1. Divide chicken legs in half .
2. With a sharp knife, make 2 cuts, into the thickest part of each drumstick. Making sure to cut it to the bone.
3. Using 2 freezer bags place half of the the drumsticks in each bag.
4. In 2 small bowls mix 1/4 cup BBQ sauce into each bowl. Then add a Tablespoon of brown Sugar and Apple Cider Vinegar to each bowl. Continue by adding 1/2 of a tsp of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt to each bowl. Stir until combine.
****If you are adding the hot sauce add 1/2 tsp. to each bowl now***
5. Shake each bag gently until the sauce is coated on all chicken legs. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I like to refrigerate mine for 8 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
7. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
8. Remove chicken from bag and place onto baking sheet.
9. Brush all sides of the chicken leg with remaining bbq sauce from the bottle.
10. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and brush generously again with bbq sauce. Return to the oven and repeat the brushing with bbq sauce 3 more times. 15 minutes between each time. Cooking time of 60 minutes.
This chicken is amazing. It is super tender, moist full of flavor and has a beautiful shiny glaze.
An easy recipe! Low and slow cooking. Great recipe for leftovers or freezer cooking.
1- 3 to 6 pound Pork Loin, boneless
Sea Salt or Kosher Salt
Liquid Smoke ( Our favorite flavor is Natural Mesquite)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Generously salt the fronts and back of the pork loin.
3. Pour on desired amount of liquid smoke on both sides. Using hands to “rub” it into the loin. ( I use between 1/4 of a bottle to half a bottle of liquid smoke.)
4. Wrap in foil. Making sure you seal it completely. Placed wrapped loin in roasting pan.
5. Cook in a 250 degree oven for 8 to 10 hours. I do this at night so it is ready to shred first thing in the morning. This is great for freezer meals!
Notes: Although, I prefer an oven for this recipe you can make it in a slow cooker. This is great recipe for bbq sandwiches!
Slow Cooker BBQ
1 (3-5 pound) boneless chuck roast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
A few onion slices
2 (18 ounce) your favorite bottle barbecue sauce (I use Cattlemen’s Mississippi Honey)
Place Roast in Crock pot/ Slow Cooker with all above ingredients only using one bottle of the bbq sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours.
At the end of the 6 hours, drain all liquid reserving about a cup of it.
Shred the roast and return to crock pot. Return the shredded roast to the crock pot and cover with the remaining bottle of BBQ sauce. Adding the reserved liquid as needed. Cook on low for an additional hour.