Mighty Tastin’ BBQ Chicken Legs Drumsticks
These are awesome! My daughter went back for seconds and she is NOT a fan of bbq. However, if you are not a fan of chicken with bone in or “wet sticky” bbq then you might not enjoy it.
13 chicken legs (drumsticks) about 4 pounds
1 bottle of your Favorite BBQ sauce (this will get divided up)
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of salt
about 1 teaspoon hot sauce (you can omit this)
1. Divide chicken legs in half .
2. With a sharp knife, make 2 cuts, into the thickest part of each drumstick. Making sure to cut it to the bone.
3. Using 2 freezer bags place half of the the drumsticks in each bag.
4. In 2 small bowls mix 1/4 cup BBQ sauce into each bowl. Then add a Tablespoon of brown Sugar and Apple Cider Vinegar to each bowl. Continue by adding 1/2 of a tsp of black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt to each bowl. Stir until combine.
****If you are adding the hot sauce add 1/2 tsp. to each bowl now***
5. Shake each bag gently until the sauce is coated on all chicken legs. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. I like to refrigerate mine for 8 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
7. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
8. Remove chicken from bag and place onto baking sheet.
9. Brush all sides of the chicken leg with remaining bbq sauce from the bottle.
10. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove chicken and brush generously again with bbq sauce. Return to the oven and repeat the brushing with bbq sauce 3 more times. 15 minutes between each time. Cooking time of 60 minutes.
This chicken is amazing. It is super tender, moist full of flavor and has a beautiful shiny glaze.