Chewy Goo Goo Bars
Since Goo Goo Clusters are a Tennessee Candy…..I thought I should make something since we live in the Great state of Tennessee. Where 2 out of 4 of my children were born.
For the base:
1 (18.25 ounce) box Yellow Cake Mix ( I used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Classic Yellow)
1 stick butter, melted
5 to 6 Goo Goo Clusters, chopped (If you have a hard time finding Goo Goo Clusters search your local Dollar Tree! I was able to pick them up for $.25 cents each!)
For the Gooey Topping:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix the cake mix, one egg, and melted butter. This will form a pretty thick dough.
3. Using your hands press it into the prepared baking dish.
4. Chop Goo Goo Clusters. Spread chopped Goo Goo Clusters evenly over the dough. You might want to purchase one or two extra….who knows how many chunks of those clusters will make it into your mouth while you chop them up.
5. Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and last 2 eggs until smooth. Pour pretty evenly over top of the Goo Goo Clusters. It doesn’t have to be pretty.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 45-50 minutes. I actually let mine go for 52 minutes and they were fine. Cool for at least 3 hours…or chill overnight in fridge. Cut into squares and serve.
Note: These are gooey…..if left out the tops will spread out…I would keep them stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
These little bars are yummy and OH SO RICH!!!!!