Favorite Banana Bread
Great for Breakfast with Coffee! My kids love to eat banana bread as a after school snack.
1-1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1-1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1-1/2 cups mashed Bananas (about 3 medium/large bananas)
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 cup Canola Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Create a well in the center and set aside.
3. In another medium-sized bowl mix together the egg, mashed bananas, sugar, cooking oil and vanilla.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture. Stir until just combine. The batter will be somewhat lumpy.
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (Mine took exactly 50 minutes. Remember ovens vary)
6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and completely cool on wire rack.
Notes: Even better the next day!