Pizza Crescent Roll Ups
I found this idea on pinterest. After looking at the recipe, I added a couple of ingredients to make it more “pizzeria” style. These make a great after school snack. As well a great Bento Lunch box idea!
1-2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 can crescent rolls
Pepperoni Slices (you will need approx. 40)
4 cheese sticks (cut in half)
Sprinkling of Garlic Powder
1/8 cup butter, Melted
Pizza Sauce or Spaghetti Sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet, pizza pan…with cooking spray and then sprinkle with a tablespoon or 2 of cornmeal. Coating the pan evenly with the cornmeal. (This was a bonus…it made it taste like something out of a pizzeria to me.
2. Unroll the crescent rolls. I found it easier to just work one and a time. Separate each crescent roll.
3. Place 4-6 slices of pepperoni at the widest end of each crescent roll.
4. Place half a slice of a cheese stick in the center and roll up. I try to close the ends of the roll ups as best as I can. You will have a small amount of “Cheesy Bubbling” coming through when fully baked.
5. Sprinkle each crescent roll with Garlic Powder.
6. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them. Oven temps do very!
7. Once out of the oven brush each one with a little melted butter. Serve with warmed pizza sauce.