Cheesy Chicken Nachos
My 13-year-old daughter has been requesting nachos for sometime. She was thrilled to be having nachos for dinner as was everyone else.
2 cloves of garlic, minced
6 green onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons Canola Oil
Shredded chicken breast
2 tablespoons or 1 packet of taco seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste ( I did not use salt)
1 cup Salsa
1 bag of tortilla chips
2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese blend
1/2 large tomato, diced
small can of sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet as evenly as you can with the tortilla chips.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the garlic and the white parts of the green onions in canola, until the onions are tender. Mix in the shredded chicken.
- NOTE: I used my crock pot for my chicken I placed 2 chicken breast in the crock pot and covered with 2 tablespoons of taco season and set on low and let cook for 5 to 6 hours on low. It shredded easily. You can use any kind of shredded chicken that you would like. I think a shredded Rotisserie chicken would be good too.
Toss the chicken with the green onions and stir in Salsa.
- Put the tortilla chips in the oven for 5 minutes just to ‘warm’.
- When done warming spoon chicken mixture as evenly as you can over the tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomato, and olives.
- Return to the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onion tops before serving.
You can make this with just about anything…and top with just about anything. I also think it would be good with refried beans.