Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
Do you like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Do your kids? Then you are going to love these muffins. They are a dense muffin. They taste just about as close as you can get to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
3/4 cup Peanut Butter (Crunchy or Creamy, either will work)
1 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
Your favorite Jam, Jelly or Preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl combine Flour, Sugar, baking powder and Salt.
3. Next you need to cut in the peanut butter using a fork (like if you were making a pie crust or a pastry). I used my pastry blender. You can also use a food processor. The mix should be crumbly.
4. In a small bowl mix together the milk, egg and vanilla.
5. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture until just combine.
6. Drop spoonful of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. Making sure the bottoms are completely covered.
7. Next place a teaspoon to a teaspoon and a half of jelly in the center.
8. Top with the remaining peanut butter batter. Taking care that the Jelly is completely covered.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.