Baked Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa)
1 cup Sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 Cup Milk
8 Tablespoons Canola oil (Or just shy of 1/2 cup)
For The Glaze: (This recipe is from Allrecipes.com)
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (Next Time I am going to use Milk Chocolate Chips)
4 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons of Light Corn Syrup
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. In a LARGE bowl combine flour, cocoa powered, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Once the dry ingredients are combine add in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Stirring until just combine.
4. Stir in the Canola Oil.
5.Generously coat a donut pan with cooking spray.
6. Fill each donut ring two-thirds of the way full. Bake for 7 minutes in a 450 degree oven or until donut springs back to the touch. Remember ovens temps vary…so will cooking time. I keep an oven thermometer in my oven at all times to help me out.
7. When done immediately remove from pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
For the Chocolate Glaze:
8. In the microwave melt chocolate chips and butter. I melt my for 30 seconds at half power at a time. Stirring between each time.
9. After chocolate chips and butter are melted I add in light corn syrup, and vanilla.
10. After donuts have cooled. Swirl each donut into the glaze. This goes Really fast. The motion to it is all in the wrist! Add sprinkles if desired.
I feed a family of 6. Two of them are teenagers, 3 of them are boys and one is my husband and through a daughter in the mix. This made JUST enough and some to snack on through the day. Although my family would prefer more. It made 22 donuts.