2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup Canola Oil
3/4 cup Butter Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Vinegar
1 cup Finely Chopped Strawberries (you can use a little more or a little less)
For the Strawberry Glaze:
2 HEAPING cups of Powdered Sugar
1 cup Finely Chopped Strawberries
1 teaspoon milk or water (You don’t have to even use milk or water. Use it depending on how thick of a consistency you desire.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and Kosher Salt.
3. In a large bowl mix together oil, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture. Do Not Over Stir. Stir until just combined.
5. Add Vinegar and mix until combine.
6. Fold in Strawberries.
7. Fill a lightly greased donut pan. Fill molds three-quarters of the full and bake until golden brown. Between 10 and 12 minutes. Mine took exactly 10 minutes.
Directions For Strawberry Glaze:
8. Mix together strawberries and powdered Sugar add milk or water if need for consistency.
9. Remove donuts from donut pan. And cool on wire rack. Top with Strawberry Glaze. Let the Glaze sit for a least 5 minutes before serving.
Notes: I used a chopper to dice up my strawberries. If you use a chopper or food processor make sure you don’t over chop or it will turn into puree.
This recipe is linked to the following: