Candied Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Who says you can’t have sweet potatoes any time of the year! I love having sweet potato anything-any time of the year!
1 can (15 oz.) yams/sweet potatoes, drained
1 1/3 cups packed Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1-1/4 cups AP (All Purpose) flour
1-1/4 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 heaping teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 cup Milk
For the “Candied Frosting”:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
2 Cups Marshmallow Fluff
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups Powdered sugar
2 teaspoons Milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside.
2. In a small/medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg . Set aside.
3. Drain Yams and beat with mixture until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes…
4. Beat in Brown Sugar and egg until smooth. Add in Vanilla and melted Butter.
5. Add in flour mixture until just combine.
6. Once flour is combine add in milk.
7. Fill cupcake liners with batter. I use a quarter of a cup to measure in my batter.
8. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. The cupcakes will be brown, and spongy in the center when done.
9. Let cupcakes cool completely before icing.
Directions for the “Candied frosting”:
1. Beat Softened butter until smooth.
2. Beat in 2 cups of the Marshmallow fluff.
3. Next add Vanilla and then add a cup at a time of powered sugar.
4. You can adjust the consistency if you want it thicker add more powered sugar. Want it thinner add a teaspoon or so of milk. I do not use milk at all.
This recipe is linked to: