A good make ahead breakfast that is fast for a morning on the go!
3/4 pound of bacon (crumbled)
1 pound sausage
1 onion ( I used a little over a half of a medium onion)
1 red bell pepper ( I chopped both my onion and my pepper in my mini-chopper)
10 eggs, beaten
24 fajita tortillas (give or take a few)
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I use Fiesta Blend Cheese of Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero Cheese)
1. Fry up the bacon! I use a griddle and fried it up in strips. Lay on paper towels to soak up the grease (I also pat it down to get even more grease soaked up). Once cooled I put into a zip lock baggie and crunch it up into small piece.
Side Note: Everytime I say or fry up bacon I can’t help but think of that song….”I can bring home the bacon, Fry it up in a pan…”
2. Crumble up and brown the sausage. Drain grease. When the sausage is almost done browning (meaning you see very little pink) add the diced onion and red bell pepper. Continue browning the sausage until you can no longer see pink and until the onion becomes a little translucent but still has a crunch to them.
3. Beat the eggs and add it to the sausage, onion, and bell pepper mixture. Stir the mixture just like you are making scrambled eggs. Continue stirring….and add in the crumbled bacon.
4. Remove from heat and sprinkle on the shredded cheese. Letting it melt for a few minutes.
5. Warm your Tortilla’s. You can do this one at a time, right over a burner on your stove turning it often. Be careful not to burn your fingers. Or in the microwave.
6. Take a couple heaping tablespoons and place into shells. Being careful not to over stuff them.
Side Note: You can use larger tortilla’s. The amount you come up with will depend on the size of tortilla you use and the amount of filling you use.
7. Serve immediately with salsa, sour cream…etc.
8. Or you can freeze them. Which is what I do. And they make for a quick breakfast. Just roll them in plastic wrap and place in a freezer baggie.
When you are ready to eat them. Take them out. Unroll (yes, I HAVE to say this) from the plastic wrap. Place on paper towel and microwave it 30 seconds- each side. And just like that you have a yummy breakfast.
I still have that stinkin’ song running through my head!