This is my recipe for homemade pancakes. I do make a lot to freeze and for left overs. So the Ingredients may sound like a lot. We just stretch it out to suit our family of 6 needs.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 5 cups milk
- 4 egg
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons of Vanilla extract
1. Melt butter and let cool to room temperature. Let Eggs also set out and come to room temperature.
2. In a Large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Creating a well in the center.
3. Pour the eggs, melted butter, milk and vanilla extract in the center of the well.
4. Mix until smooth. We like the batter consistency of our pancakes to not be to thick or to thin. So add more milk a little at a time to get the consistency you like.
5. Pour batter (I use a quarter of a cup measuring cup…I do not fill it full) onto medium/high heat lightly oiled griddle. Brown on both sides. Serve hot!
Notes: This recipe is made for freezing and for feeding a family of 6. Which includes 3 growing boys. You can spice this recipe up by adding Chocolate chips (my kids favorite) smashed bananas, nuts of any kind, blueberries. I have added strawberries to pancakes, which happens to be my daughters favorite.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes