Oreo Cheesecake with Oreo Butter Cream Frosting
3- 8 oz blocks of cream cheese (softened)
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon Vanilla
3 ounces sour cream
10 to 12 crushed Oreos
For the bottom crust:
20 crushed Oreos
3 Tablespoons of melted butter
1. Line a 8″ spring form pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a food processor crush 20 Oreo Cookies until fine and crumbly. While crumbled cookies are still in the food processor add 3 tablespoons of Melted butter. Give it a few good pulses.
3. Dump it into the pan and with your fingers press it evenly covering the pan and up the sides just a bit. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl cream together the softened cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar.
5. Once creamed slowly add one egg at a time. You will notice the cream cheese mixture ‘break up’ and then come back together. Once all eggs are added. Add the tablespoon of vanilla extract and 3 ounces of sour cream. Then add the crushed Oreo’s.
6. Pour into pan.
7. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes to an hour.
When it is done the top will have some golden brown spots and it will be jiggly in the center but also it will be ‘set’.
8. Let cool for at least an hour. (I actually let mine cool overnight in the fridge).
9. Take butter knife around the edges. And release the spring. Garnish with Oreo butter cream frosting and Extra Oreos.
Oreo Butter Cream frosting can be found here!
This recipe is linked to the following: