You are currently browsing the daily archive for August 9, 2011.
Rolo & Apple Galette
3 Apples Chopped (I use Granny Smith)
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg
1 egg (for an egg wash)
1 prepared pie crust
handful of Rolo’s (sliced)
1.Start by chopping a couple of Granny Smith apples and cooking them in the butter. Add cinnamon,a dash of nutmeg and light brown sugar. Cook for about 5 minutes until apples are tender.
2. Let apples cool a bit before placing them onto the pie crust (I give mine anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to cool).
2. Unroll prepared pie crust onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place apple mixture in the center of the pie crust covering it all; leaving about an inch and half from the sides.
3. This is the fun part. Place sliced Rolo’s all around the apple mixture.
4. Now gather the sides up around the apple mixture. Doesn’t have to be perfect or pretty! It taste the same whether pretty or unsightly.😉
5. Now take the egg and beat it in a small bowl and brush on the crust.
6. Bake it at 350 for about 40 minutes, depending on your oven. Just keep an eye on it so the pastry doesn’t burn.
7. Let cool completely before serving.