I was looking for a new Banana Bread recipe. I had some over ripe bananas that I needed to use and just wanted to try a different recipe. And found this recipe. Let’s just say…this will be the banana bread recipe I make here on out. It is so moist….just yummy!
Mine is just slightly different in that I added cinnamon. And I didn’t add any nuts.
Adapted from The Recipe Shoebox.
- 1 c butter/margarine
- 1 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c ripe mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 c flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Grease a loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients of: baking powder, baking, soda, flour, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy and yellow. Beat in eggs one at a time.
4. Add in bananas, milk, and lemon juice.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended. Do not over mix.
6. Pour into greased loaf pan and smooth out. Bake in a 350 degree oven about an hour. I baked my exactly for one hour and it came out perfect!
7. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove from pan onto a cooling rack to complete cooling.
This recipe can also be made into mini-loaves or muffins. If making mini- loaves bake at 350 degrees for for 20 to 24 minutes. For the muffins bake 16 to 20 minutes, also in a 350 degree oven. She also suggest NOT to use muffin liners but to still grease the muffin tins.