Peanut Butter Bars
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 (16 ounce container) Chocolate icing (I used Duncan Hines Classic Chocolate creamy home-style icing)
3 to 4 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan.
2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add Egg and beat well.
3. Add peanut butter and beat until incorporated.
4. Sift together baking soda, salt, and flour in a small bowl. Stir into creamy mixture.
5. Add vanilla and stir in oats.
6. Pour into pan, spreading evenly. (It may not look like you have enough ‘batter’ to cover the bottom. You will just be patient and spread it evenly until you get the coverage you want.)
7. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
8. Combine both icing ingredients in small bowl.
9. Cover the bars with the chocolate/peanut butter icing mixture.
10. Cut into finger lengths.