Cinnamon Cream Cheese Squares
This recipe is NOT for anyone who is watching their waistline.
2 (8oz) cans of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1 tsp. Vanilla
3/4 cup sugar (divided into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup)
2-3 tsp cinnamon (more or less to taste)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional-any kind will do, I used walnuts)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease a 9″x13″ pan
3. Spread one of the cans of dough on the bottom, sealing up the seams with your fingers.
4. Put cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl and teaspoon vanilla, microwave for 30-40 seconds until cream cheese is warm, blend together until smooth.
5. Spread over bottom crust.
6. Unroll other can of crescent roll dough over top of cream cheese mix. No need to seal these seams up with your fingers, unless you just want too.
7. Mix topping (1/4 sugar and cinnamon) in a bowl and sprinkle over top, sprinkle nuts over that. I did half with nuts and half without nuts.
8. Melt butter and drizzle evenly over top.
9. Bake at 375 for 23 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes and cut into squares. Store it in the refrigerator.
Serve warm or cold.