Red Velvet Cheesecake
1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist devil’s food cake mix
1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz) melted, cooled slightly
1/2 c. sour cream
3/4 c. sugar
1 Tbsp. red food coloring
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wrap outside bottom and side of 10-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil.
3. Spray inside of pan with baking spray and toss flour around to coat the pan. discarding any remaining loose flour.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup cake mix for filling.
5. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix and butter with electric mixer on low-speed.
6. Press cake mixture into the prepared pan (this is the crust of the cheesecake).
7. In large bowl, beat reserved 1/4 cup cake mix, cream cheese, melted chocolate, sour cream, sugar and food color with electric mixture on medium speed until smooth.
8. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended.
9. Pour over crust. Bake 1 hour 5 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved.
10. Turn oven off; open oven door 3 inches. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and run a small metal spatula around edge of pan. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes.
12. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Run small metal spatula around edge of pan; remove side of pan. Store covered in refrigerator.
This recipe is linked to the following: