3 (14 ounce) Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 prepared pie shell (I used the Ready Graham Crust with 2 extra servings)
1 tub of cool whip
3 tablespoons mini Chocolate chips
Drizzle of Caramel sauce (I used the caramel sauce for ice cream)
This is such a simple pie to make. It does take a WHILE to make but so well worth it.
Please follow the ‘boiling’ of the cans to a T!
1. Take the wrappers off of all 3 cans.
2. Place in a pot and fill with water…MAKE SURE THE CANS ARE COVERED IN WATER!!!!! **DO NOT LET THE WATER LEVEL DROP WHILE BOILING!
3. Boil the cans for 4 hours. CONSTANTLY checking on the water level. I checked every 30 minutes. And added water if needed.
Again, make sure you check water levels and keep an eye on it.
4. After the 4 hours of boiling take the pot off the burner and let it cool down for one hour….leaving the cans in the water.
5. After the hour has past. Take the cans out and place them right side up for 40 minutes. After that flip them over and cool for another 40 minutes.
6. Open the cans and magically they are a caramel brown color…
7. Place Caramel into prepared pie Shell. Spread evenly into pie shell.
8. Chill for a least 8 hours in the fridge.
9. Top with Cool whip, mini-chocolate chips and caramel ice cream topping. I used a pipping bag with a decorative tip…to make it look nice and pretty.
**Once again I will say not to let the water level drop while boiling! The cans may explode if the cans are not covered with water while cooking**
This post is linked up to the following: