Deep Dish Pizza
Pizza Dough Ingredients:
1 cup warm water (about 110 degrees)
1 package (.25 ounce dry active yeast)
2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pizza Dough Directions:
1. Place water in a small bowl and stir in yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 1/2 cups of the flour, sugar and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir until dough comes together and forms a ball.
3. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, adding as much of the remaining 1/4 cup flour as needed.
4. Form into a disk and place in a bowl that has been lightly coated with olive oil. Turn disk over and cover bowl with plastic wrap.
5. Allow to rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
6. Punch down the dough and remove from bowl. Roll into desired shape. Or take right to your pizza pan and hand press it in. Pan size needs to be 15 x 10 x 1 (I hand press mine into the pan)
To prepare Pizza!
2 cups of mozzarella cheese (I use Frigo’s Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella)
1 cup pizza sauce (I use Bertolli Organic Olive Oil, Basil and Garlic Spaghetti Sauce)
Sprinkling of Oregano Flakes
And the toppings of your choice
1. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Place dough on a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Spread Sauce evenly over dough to within a 1/2 inch of edge. Sprinkle oregano over sauce. And then add toppings and cheese.
3. Bake at 500 degrees for 12 to 20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting!