Luck O’ The Irish Brownies
For the brownies
4-1 ounce squares Unsweetened Chocolate
1 cup margarine, soft
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
For the Filling
4 cups confectioners sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
10 drops green food coloring
For the Topping
1 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Putting it together:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. In the microwave melt the unsweetened chocolate squares in a microwave safe bowl. Stir at 15 second intervals, until chocolate is smooth. Cool slightly, for about 4 or 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the margarine and sugar until combine. Beat in the eggs; one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Add flour until just blended.
3. Spread evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or Until the sides pull start to pull away from the edges of the pan. The brownies will look more like a cake. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
4. To make the middle layer. Beat 1/2 cup of butter with confectioners sugar in a large bowl using and electric mixer. Add milk as needed to get a spreadable consistency. Stir in peppermint extract and green food coloring. Spread over the cooled brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. For the final layer: Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons of butter over low heat on the stove. Turn off heat and add vanilla. Then with a wooden spoon beat it for about 2 minutes until it starts to shine. Quickly, cover the surface. Cool in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into squares and serve.
Linked up to: