Chocolate Cherry Delight Cake
Ingredients for the Cake:
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
1 teaspoon almond extract
Ingredients for the Frosting:
1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small bowl whisk eggs and almond extract.
2. In large mixing bowl add the cake mix and then mix in the egg and almond mixture. This will be very thick…you will NOT get it all combined…
3. Add pie filling. Gently folding it into the batter (by hand).
4. Pour batter into a prepared 9 X 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes. Cake will be spongy.
5. Cool the cake for 5 to 10 minutes and then poke holes in it with a fork.
6. Then prepare the frosting.
In a small saucepan combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips…stirring until smooth. Add vanilla and stir…
Pour immediately over cake…spreading with a spatula.
Let cool completely and serve.