Mom’s Running On Empty Chicken
- 1 whole Chicken
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) BBQ Sauce (I use Cattleman’s Mississippi Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- squirt of Lemon Juice
- Sprinkling of Paprika
- Wash and pat dry chicken and place the chicken legs up in slow cooker.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small to medium bowl.
- Poor sauce over and inside chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 on high.
- When it is about an hour and half a way from being done I spinkle paprika over the top.
- The meat falls easily off the bone. Poor the sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.