Apparently my husband really likes these cookie cakes. He told me his mom made a version of it for him and his siblings growing up.
- ½ cup butter
- 18.25-oz. chocolate cake mix (I used a devils food cake mix.)
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar, placed in a shallow bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, use a pastry blender (or fork) to blend ½ cup butter and an 18.25-oz. package of chocolate cake mix, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add 2 well-beaten eggs and 1 tablespoon water and stir until smooth. The mixture will be extremely THICK! Let mixture rest 5 minutes.
- Use a spoon to get enough of the mixture out to form a 1-inch ball (I use a cookie baller). Drop the mixture into the shallow bowl of confectioner’s sugar.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into a ball, coating it with confectioner’s sugar.
- Place the coated chocolate ball in a baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Continue until all chocolate mixture has been made into coated chocolate drops. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute in pan. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
These are tremendously quick and easy to make, and they look beautiful and taste wonderful! These can be whipped up in a hurry if you have unexpected company.