My Sinfully Scrumptious Banana Cake
With Cream Cheese Icing
Cake Ingredients & Directions
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 small to medium bananas)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts-divided (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda ,salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and add vanilla. Mix in the bananas. Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool for 5 minutes. Turn over onto a cake plate.
Note: You can also make this in 2-8 inch rounds and bake them for approx. 30 minutes. You can also make muffins and banana bread from this as well. I prefer to have it as cake…and possibly muffins.
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients and directions
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- With the mixture on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in Vanilla and your done.
Final steps: Frost your cake and top with the remaining walnuts (this is also optional)