This is my Nana Coats’ recipe. Five years ago she visited me. She brought me her churches cookbook. Which had one of my recipes in it…but while here, she actually wrote down about 8 more recipes for me in that book. And this recipe was one of them.
Nana’s Banana Pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.
Note: You don’t have to use a 9X 13 inch dish. Use a punch bowl…etc.