You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘tuxedo strawberries’ tag.
Valentine’s Day Tuxedo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 (12 ounce pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli brand)
1 (12 ounce pkg.) White Chocolate Chips (Again, I used the Ghirardelli brand)
2 teaspoons of shortening (divided)*Optional*
1. Rinse and let strawberries dry.
2. Melt white chocolate with 1 teaspoon shortening in a microwave bowl for 20 to 30 seconds at a time- until melted.
3. Dip each strawberry in white chocolate. Going a little more than half way up on the strawberry. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and continue until all strawberries are dipped and coated in white chocolate.
4. Refridgerate for approx. 10 minutes to let the white chocolate harden.
5. Melt Semi-Sweet Chocolate with the remaining teaspoon of shortening in a microwave safe bowl for 20 to 30 seconds, until melted.
6. Dip each strawberry in semi-sweet chocolate at an angle on its side….tilting it just slightly. Repeat and complete other side of strawberry. Place back on wax paper to harden.
7. Continue dipping in Semi-Sweet chocolate until all coated. Then take a tooth pick dipped in semi-sweet chocolate to create the ‘buttons’ of the tux. I also used a tooth pick to make the ‘bow’ just used a bit more chocolate and tried to create a “line” in between both dots.
Return to fridge to completely harden. Perfect for Valentine’s Day! My kids loved them! I should say my 2 kids that love strawberries loved them.