You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Strawberry’ tag.
I had such a wonderful response (via pinterest) with my strawberry cake mix cookies. I thought why not make them into brownies. And it is SO easy!
1 (18.5 oz) box Strawberry cake mix
1/3 cup oil
Milk or water
1. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil. The batter will be thick. Spray a 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray. Using your fingers press dough into pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes. Or until edges of the brownies are light brown.
You can let them cool and eat as is. Or glaze them right out of the oven hot! Or let cool then glaze them.
Fresh Strawberry Syrup Sauce
So simple to make! Awesome over French Toast, Waffles, Pancakes, and Ice Cream!
3 cups Strawberries, Mashed
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1. Prep Strawberry by removing leaves and slicing in half. You will need about 6 cups UNMASHED strawberries. Once mashed it should reduce to around 3 cups.
2. Over medium heat in a 3 quart saucepan add strawberries and 1 cup sugar. You can add this by taste and not use the whole cup of sugar. It just depend on how sweet your strawberries are. Bring to a simmer.
3. Fill a measuring cup to 1/4 of a cup and add 2 tablespoon of water. Stir until combine.
4. Add in the cornstarch and water into simmering strawberry mixture.
5. Bring to a simmer once again. It will start becoming thick.
6. If your desired thickness is not reached you can add another 2 tablespoons of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
7. It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes for it to thicken up.
You will need to stir this constantly.
Pour into mason jars and refrigerate until ready to use.
2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1 Cup Canola Oil
3/4 cup Butter Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Vinegar
1 cup Finely Chopped Strawberries (you can use a little more or a little less)
For the Strawberry Glaze:
2 HEAPING cups of Powdered Sugar
1 cup Finely Chopped Strawberries
1 teaspoon milk or water (You don’t have to even use milk or water. Use it depending on how thick of a consistency you desire.)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda and Kosher Salt.
3. In a large bowl mix together oil, buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
4. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture. Do Not Over Stir. Stir until just combined.
5. Add Vinegar and mix until combine.
6. Fold in Strawberries.
7. Fill a lightly greased donut pan. Fill molds three-quarters of the full and bake until golden brown. Between 10 and 12 minutes. Mine took exactly 10 minutes.
Directions For Strawberry Glaze:
8. Mix together strawberries and powdered Sugar add milk or water if need for consistency.
9. Remove donuts from donut pan. And cool on wire rack. Top with Strawberry Glaze. Let the Glaze sit for a least 5 minutes before serving.
Notes: I used a chopper to dice up my strawberries. If you use a chopper or food processor make sure you don’t over chop or it will turn into puree.
This recipe is linked to the following:
Strawberry Frosting Fudge
This is a super fun way to get the kids in the kitchen to help! My 7 year old son absolutely LOVED helping mom make some Valentine’s Day Fudge!
1 (16 oz) can of strawberry frosting
1- 12 oz bag of white chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon Strawberry extract
1. Spray 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray and line with Wax paper.
2. Melt White Chocolate Chips in Microwave until melted. Being careful not to burn the chips.
3. Quickly and evenly stir in the frosting and Strawberry extract.
4. Pour into prepared pan. Top with Sprinkles!
5. Let set-and serve. Can be cut into cute shapes using cookie cutters or just cut into squares.
6. Store in a airtight container up to 7 days.
Valentine’s Day Tuxedo Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 (12 ounce pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli brand)
1 (12 ounce pkg.) White Chocolate Chips (Again, I used the Ghirardelli brand)
2 teaspoons of shortening (divided)*Optional*
1. Rinse and let strawberries dry.
2. Melt white chocolate with 1 teaspoon shortening in a microwave bowl for 20 to 30 seconds at a time- until melted.
3. Dip each strawberry in white chocolate. Going a little more than half way up on the strawberry. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and continue until all strawberries are dipped and coated in white chocolate.
4. Refridgerate for approx. 10 minutes to let the white chocolate harden.
5. Melt Semi-Sweet Chocolate with the remaining teaspoon of shortening in a microwave safe bowl for 20 to 30 seconds, until melted.
6. Dip each strawberry in semi-sweet chocolate at an angle on its side….tilting it just slightly. Repeat and complete other side of strawberry. Place back on wax paper to harden.
7. Continue dipping in Semi-Sweet chocolate until all coated. Then take a tooth pick dipped in semi-sweet chocolate to create the ‘buttons’ of the tux. I also used a tooth pick to make the ‘bow’ just used a bit more chocolate and tried to create a “line” in between both dots.
Return to fridge to completely harden. Perfect for Valentine’s Day! My kids loved them! I should say my 2 kids that love strawberries loved them.