You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Red’ tag.
Unfortunately only my 7-year-old and myself love cherries in our family. Great for the upcoming Patriotic Holidays!
My 7-Year-Old also loved helping me tear the angel food cake into pieces! Great recipe for young kids to help.
1 Angel Food Cake
1 cup powdered sugar (also known as confectioners sugar or icing sugar)
1 (8 oz pkg) Cream cheese, softened
1 container cool whip
1 (21 oz) can Cherry Pie Filling
1. Tear Angel food cake into pieces. Making about 5 cups of bite sized pieces. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix the powdered sugar and cream cheese until blended. Add ALL cool whip and mix until blended.
3. Dump all angel food chucks into cream cheese mixture. Stirring until all coated.
4. In a nice large bowl put half of the angel food mixture in the bowl. Then top with 3/4 can Cherry Pie Filling.
5. Add remaining angel food mixture and top with the rest of the cherries.
6. Let chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
This recipe is linked to the following: