You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘pot luck’ tag.
My kids are HUGE S’more’s fans. I knew immediately that I had to make this recipe when I found it on pinterest.
Here is where I found the recipe! Yumm-O!
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1-14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup Marshmallow Creme (I used 3/4 cup)
1 box of graham crackers. (Using Teddy graham would be a cute idea)
1. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and condensed milk on High 1 to 2 minutes (A full 2 minutes worked out wonderfully for me) , stirring occasionally, until chips are melted. Stir to mix well. Pour into 9-inch glass pie pan, spreading evenly…(You can use any kind of decorative plate or bowl of your choosing, just make sure it is microwavable.)
2. Drop marshmallow creme by tablespoonfuls randomly over chocolate mixture. Microwave on High about 30 seconds or until marshmallow creme is softened. Immediately with knife, make several small swirls through marshmallow and chocolate, creating a marbled appearance.
3. Serve immediately with the graham crackers, sticks, teddy grahams of your choice.
2- 3.5 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
1- 8 ounce tub cool whip (softened)
1-16 ounce tub chocolate frosting
1- 16 ounce box graham cracker
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Spray a 13 x 9 pan lightly with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl whip together the milk and vanilla pudding until thick. Fold in softened whipped topping.
3. Arrange a single layer of graham cracker squares in the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking pan. Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the crackers.
4. Repeat with another layer of crackers and the remaining pudding mixture. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
5. Zap the jar of frosting in the microwave about 25 to 30 seconds.
6. Stir frosting and then pour on top of last layer of graham crackers. Spreading evenly.
7. Cover and chill 4 hours. 6 hours is actually better and overnight is best.
This recipe is linked to the following:
Corn Dog Muffins
Kid tested and approved!
1 (18 oz box) Miracle Maize Corn Bread and Muffin mix OR 2-8.5 ounce packages of corn bread mix (I use Miracle Maize)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk
5 hot dogs- Cut into small bit sized pieces
Honey to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
2. Combine corn bread mix and brown sugar together.
3. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened. Stir in the hot dog pieces (you might want to heat the hot dogs through before cutting them….this is just a personal preference.
4. Fill Lined muffin cups 3/4 way full.
5. Drizzle the tops with honey ( this is optional) and then bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
**You can add mustard, Ketchup (or BBQ sauce as one of my children prefer) to the sides or on top of each muffin.
***You can also add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the mix for added yumminess!
Peanut Bar Square Chewies
2 1/4 cup Salted Dry Roasted peanuts
1 cup marshmallows
1 tablespoon water
1 bag (approx. 50) caramels
1. Spray a 8 inch pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. Place 1 and 1/4 cup of peanuts in the pan. Make sure it covers the entire bottom of the pan.
3. Unwrap all caramels and place in a medium size sauce pan. Along with Marshmallow and a tablespoon of water. Stirring constantly until smooth.
4. Immediatley pour the melted caramel mixture on top of the peanuts. Covering all peanuts.
5. Top with remaining cup of peanuts.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into bars or squares.
7. Store in a air tight container with parchment paper separating each square.
4-King Sized Snicker’s Bars (Oh Yum, I am already in heaven..my favorite candy bar)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons half and half
4 cups of whipped topping, thawed
1 deep dish 9 inch graham cracker pie crust
For garnish–additional whipped topping, chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup!
1. In a double broiler, melt together Snickers Bars, peanut butter, and half and half. Stirring until smooth. (You will have lumps of peanuts from the candy bars)
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Fold in whipped topping and pour into crust.
4. Freeze for 4 to 6 hour before serving.
5. To serve, top with additional whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate syrup and caramel syrup.
This recipe is link to the following:
“These meatballs are excellent for a pot luck. They are delicious by themselves, Placed on top of Rice and Mashed Potato’s, Place them on a hoagie bun with Mozzarella cheese or even provolone or Swiss cheese. My whole family loves these. You can make these two ways for your convenience!”
- 3 pounds Beef
- 2 Eggs-Slightly beaten
- 4/5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (you can use more or less depending on your own tastes)
- 1/2 to a cup chopped onion
The Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 cup water (omit this if you bake the meatballs)
- In a bowl, mix beef, egg, oats, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/2 cup onion. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- If using the crock pot method. Place them directly into the crock pot after forming the meatball.
- In a separate bowl, mix ketchup, garlic, sugar, 1/4 cup onion, and liquid smoke. Pour evenly over the meatballs.
Crock pot Directions:
- Crock Pot baking directions: Place meatballs in the crock pot and then cover with sauce. Then add one and a half cups water. It will look like you have really diluted it too much. Don’t worry about this. It gets thick toward the end. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Oven Baking Directions: Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a medium baking dish. Bake with meatballs only (no sauce) for 20 to 25 minutes. After 25 minutes pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes. Checking frequently. Bake on middle rack. Sometimes it is done before the 30 minutes is over.
- Use Melon Ballers or a Ice Cream scoop to get uniform meatballs.
- Wet your hands/fingers after every three or four meatballs.
- You can also make these in a electric skillet to keep the meatballs warm. Take tooth picks and have them as appetizers.