You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘pop’ tag.
Strawberry Cake With A Twist!
This cake uses a regular boxed cake mix that you purchase at the grocery store. The Twist?
You add Strawberry Soda Pop instead of Water!
- 1 – package Strawberry Cake mix –You can use any brand, the brand I chose was Pillsbury Moist Supreme
- Strawberry Soda Pop (this is substituted for the water, add as much soda pop as you would water according to the package directions.)
- 2-3 eggs, I used 2 and my cake turned our super fluffy and very moist.
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tubs of Cool Whip (8 oz tub)
- About a pound to a pound and a half of fresh strawberries, sliced
Combine all Ingredients, remembering to substitute the soda for the water.
Mix until well blended. You can use a mixer for this step. It was just easier for me to use my wire whisk. Plus, I had the added benefit of not having to get my mixer and attachments out.
Pour into 2 greased and floured baking rounds/pans.
Bake at 350 for 17-25 minutes. You will need to check on them and see when they are done, using the toothpick method.
When they are done, loosen the cake edges and let cool completely.
Slice strawberries…as many as you want for the middle of the cake.
Once the cakes are cool. Take the bottom layer and put cool whip on top. Smooth it out and add strawberries. (Wouldn’t you know this was a step I totally forgot to take pictures of…)
Then place the other cake on top. Ice the remaining cake and sides with the cool whip.
You can half, or butterfly the strawberries and put them on top! And you are done! Believe me if you have kids in your house this cake will NOT last long at all! Even my non-strawberry eaters loved it.