You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Marble Cake’ tag.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Marble Cake
So good and SO easy to make! Very moist! Crowd pleaser–indeed!
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 Tablespoons Powered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
2 Tablespoons HOT water
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Shortening
1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- Spray 2 round cake pans with a non-stick cooking spray, dust with flour and set aside. **See note**
- In a small bowl, stir together the cocoa, powdered sugar, butter and 2 tablespoons hot water until smooth-set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl melt the shortening with the peanut butter until smooth and blended (should take about a minute-I heat it at 15 /20 second intervals)
- In a Large Bowl combine cake mix, brown sugar 1-1/4 cups water, eggs and the melted peanut butter. Beat on low-speed until moistened. In crease speed to medium and beat until smooth. Approx. 2 minutes.
- Remove 1-1/2 cups batter and add it to the cocoa mixture until blended and smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter batter into prepared pans (dividing it up by half).
- Drop spoonfuls of the cocoa batter on top. Swirl with a toothpick, spatula…etc to achieve the marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 28 to 30 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and Frost!
Notes: You can use ANY size of baking pan for this cake. Just follow the times on the back of the package. For the frosting…you can use anything you like. I made a Peanut Butter frosting. My son requested it (for his birthday). This cake tasted JUST like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup!