You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘main meal’ tag.
Cheesy Tuna Tomato Casserole
My husband, daughter and myself just love this. My 11-year-old son….ate it but didn’t say much about it. My 8-year-old ate half of it…..he didn’t really care for it but he knows mommy is not a short order cook and ate what would fill him up. And I can just about forget my VERY VERY picky 14-year-old son eating it.
2 (5 oz) cans of Tuna, drained
1 cup Mayo
1 small Onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon Salt (I didn’t add this)
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
10 Plum Tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a Mexican Blend)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions minus two minutes of cook time. Drain.
3. Combine drained tuna, mayo, onion, salt and pepper into a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Combine tuna mixture with noodles. Mixing to evenly coat the noodles.
5. Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
6. Layer with half of the noodle mixture, half of the sliced tomatoes followed by half of the cheese. Pressing down slightly as you work. Repeat the layers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Parmesan Chicken With Bow Tie Pasta
1 box (12 oz.) Bow-Tie Pasta
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2 cups Broccoli Florets
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 small onion, finely diced
2 gloves of garlic
1 (14.5 oz can) Petite Diced Tomatoes, Drained
1/2 to 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cook Pasta in boiling Salted water according to package direction. Until al dente. Add broccoli the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving at 1 cup of cooking liquid (you might decide to leave this out all together).
2. Toss Pasta and Broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
3. Warm remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. At this point you can also season with Salt and Pepper. I stay away from adding Salt to anything. Saute, this for approx. 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes add in the Diced Tomatoes; and saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the pasta mixture. Add Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. I used about 3/4 of a cup cooking liquid.
6. Since we LOVE cheese in our house….once everything was heated evenly throughout I topped with MORE Parmesan Cheese.
Tips: You will need a LARGE skillet for this. It makes a lot. Make sure the chicken you use is cooked! I have several chicken breast made ahead of time and just diced them up.
Chili-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
So easy to make! My house smelled wonderful while I was making these!
1 lb. ground beef
4 large Poblano Peppers
1 (15 ounce) can chili-seasoned beans
1 (14.5 ounce) can chili-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon Adobo Mexican seasoning
1 cup shredded Mexican Cheese blend
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Half peppers lengthwise. Remove Stems and seeds.
3. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. When water is boiling add 4 pepper halves to the water. Cook 3 minutes or until bright green or slightly softened. Remove and drain upside down. Repeat with the remaining halves.
4. Add beans, tomatoes and Mexican Adobo seasoning to beef. Cook over medium heat for approx. 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil. And preheat broiler.
6. Arrange peppers on baking sheet cut side up. Stuff peppers with chili mixture. Top with Cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serve with corn bread, sour cream and Salsa.
A slow Cooker meal. This makes enough for left overs and lunches!
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Pork
1 tub Loyd’s Shredded Beef
2 (14.5 ounce) cans cream style corn
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced potatoes
1 to 1.5 pounds of shredded chicken
Louisiana Hot Sauce (To Taste)
Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
1. Dump all ingredients into a slow cooker (crock pot). Stir to combine.
2. Add Hot Sauce and Salt and Pepper to taste.
3. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Serve Hot with Corn bread!
Note: You can use 2 (12.5 ounce) cans of chicken in place of the shredded chicken. I usually make up a huge pot of chicken cooked low all day in the crock pot and shred it all up to be put into all kinds of recipes.
“These meatballs are excellent for a pot luck. They are delicious by themselves, Placed on top of Rice and Mashed Potato’s, Place them on a hoagie bun with Mozzarella cheese or even provolone or Swiss cheese. My whole family loves these. You can make these two ways for your convenience!”
- 3 pounds Beef
- 2 Eggs-Slightly beaten
- 4/5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (you can use more or less depending on your own tastes)
- 1/2 to a cup chopped onion
The Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 cup water (omit this if you bake the meatballs)
- In a bowl, mix beef, egg, oats, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/2 cup onion. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- If using the crock pot method. Place them directly into the crock pot after forming the meatball.
- In a separate bowl, mix ketchup, garlic, sugar, 1/4 cup onion, and liquid smoke. Pour evenly over the meatballs.
Crock pot Directions:
- Crock Pot baking directions: Place meatballs in the crock pot and then cover with sauce. Then add one and a half cups water. It will look like you have really diluted it too much. Don’t worry about this. It gets thick toward the end. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Oven Baking Directions: Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a medium baking dish. Bake with meatballs only (no sauce) for 20 to 25 minutes. After 25 minutes pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes. Checking frequently. Bake on middle rack. Sometimes it is done before the 30 minutes is over.
- Use Melon Ballers or a Ice Cream scoop to get uniform meatballs.
- Wet your hands/fingers after every three or four meatballs.
- You can also make these in a electric skillet to keep the meatballs warm. Take tooth picks and have them as appetizers.