You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘main dish’ tag.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
1/2 tsp. Poultry seasoning
Mom’s Running On Empty Chicken
- 1 whole Chicken
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) BBQ Sauce (I use Cattleman’s Mississippi Honey BBQ Sauce)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- squirt of Lemon Juice
- Sprinkling of Paprika
- Wash and pat dry chicken and place the chicken legs up in slow cooker.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small to medium bowl.
- Poor sauce over and inside chicken. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 on high.
- When it is about an hour and half a way from being done I spinkle paprika over the top.
- The meat falls easily off the bone. Poor the sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.
Suprina’s Salsa Chili
2 pounds ground beef (You can also use Turkey)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
2 1/2 cups Tomato Sauce
10 to 12 ounces of Salsa (add a little or less to get the desired Zing that you want…I usually add around 10 ounces)
1 full packet of Chili season mix (I use McCormicks)
1 (15 ounce can) Light Red Kidney Beans
1 (15 ounce can) Dark Red Kidney Beans
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
- Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans. Mix well, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.
Mexican Bubble Pizza!
This is MMM, MMM GOOD!
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 pkg. Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup water
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 can Pillsbury Grands! (16.3-oz.) can Pillsbury Grands! Buttermilk Biscuits
(2 cups) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Old El Paso Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
1 can sliced ripe olives, drained
1-8 oz. container sour cream
3 green onions, sliced, if desired
Heat oven to 375°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add taco seasoning mix, water and soup; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add pieces to ground beef mixture; stir gently. Spoon mixture intoungreased 13×9-inch pan.Bake at 375°F. for 18 to 23 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. To serve, cut pizza into 8 squares. Top each serving with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, olives, sour cream and onions.
***Note: This recipe really surprised us. It is really yummy. If you have picky eaters (I have one) then you don’t have to *dress* it up at all…it is good plain or with all the fixin’s.**
“These meatballs are excellent for a pot luck. They are delicious by themselves, Placed on top of Rice and Mashed Potato’s, Place them on a hoagie bun with Mozzarella cheese or even provolone or Swiss cheese. My whole family loves these. You can make these two ways for your convenience!”
- 3 pounds Beef
- 2 Eggs-Slightly beaten
- 4/5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (you can use more or less depending on your own tastes)
- 1/2 to a cup chopped onion
The Sauce Ingredients
- 2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 cup water (omit this if you bake the meatballs)
- In a bowl, mix beef, egg, oats, evaporated milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and 1/2 cup onion. Form into 1 1/2 inch balls and arrange in a single layer in the baking dish.
- If using the crock pot method. Place them directly into the crock pot after forming the meatball.
- In a separate bowl, mix ketchup, garlic, sugar, 1/4 cup onion, and liquid smoke. Pour evenly over the meatballs.
Crock pot Directions:
- Crock Pot baking directions: Place meatballs in the crock pot and then cover with sauce. Then add one and a half cups water. It will look like you have really diluted it too much. Don’t worry about this. It gets thick toward the end. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Oven Baking Directions: Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a medium baking dish. Bake with meatballs only (no sauce) for 20 to 25 minutes. After 25 minutes pour the sauce over the meatballs and bake an additional 30 to 35 minutes. Checking frequently. Bake on middle rack. Sometimes it is done before the 30 minutes is over.
- Use Melon Ballers or a Ice Cream scoop to get uniform meatballs.
- Wet your hands/fingers after every three or four meatballs.
- You can also make these in a electric skillet to keep the meatballs warm. Take tooth picks and have them as appetizers.