You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘lunch’ tag.
Not Your Ordinary Egg Salad
6 eggs (hard-boiled)
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Pepper
Slow Cooker Burritos
2 Pounds Stew Meat
Enchilada Sauce 28 ounces (I used Las Palmas Mild Enchilada Sauce)
1 small can of refried beans
7-8 flour tortillas (Burrito sized)
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1. Through stew meat and enchilada Sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 -8 hours. Until meat is tender and can easily separate.
2. Heat refried beans in microwave until warm.
3. When done. Put approx. 1/2 cup of meat into a burrito sized tortilla. Along with 2 tablespoons of refried beans. The refried beans are optional.
4. Place in a baking dish and cover with remain enchilada sauce and top with cheese. Broil for approx. 3 to 5 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips!
Easy Creamy Chipped Beef on Toast
Fast & Easy to Prepare!
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 cups milk, (more or less depending on desired thickness)
3 to 4 — 2 ounce packages of Buddig Beef lunch meat, chopped
a pinch of cayenne pepper
Texas toast or your preferred bread-toasted
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and whisk in flour to form a roux. Adding in milk, a little at a time.
2. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Bring to a boil, stir in chopped beef lunch meat and cayenne, heat through and serve over toast.
Grilled Bacon & Onion Sandwich
In the summer I like to make easy lunches. This is super easy. Bonus is that my whole family loves it- minus 1. This recipe serves approx. 6. That possibly could be stretched. But who wants to skimp on BACON????
10 Slices of Bacon, cut into 1/2 slices
12 slices of Cheese (choose your favorite, My kids and myself liked the favorite stand by of American Cheese, my husband chose Pepper Jack Cheese)
1 medium onion, sliced finely (I used, Vidalia onions)
1 loaf of Texas Toast
1. In a skillet, crisp bacon over medium heat. Approx. 5 minutes. If you want a crunchier bacon fry it longer.
2. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes longer. Remove from heat and place on paper towel.
4. Take 2 piece of toast, place one piece of cheese on the bottom and then fill with bacon mixer. Top with another cheese slice.
5. Spread a thin layer of butter on top of the sandwich. Place into same skillet you used to make the bacon mixture. On LOW/Medium heat cook for 2 minutes on each side.
7. Repeat process until all Sandwiches are made!
My husband & Daughter said that this sandwich remind them of something you would eat at Steak N Shake.
Sweet & Spicy Sammie
So easy and surprisingly good!
Louisiana Hot Sauce
Red Pepper Jelly (optional)
Cream Cheese, softened (You can use whipped or block cream cheese, just make sure it is a room temp).
Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
Ham, Chicken, Turkey (Use one, mix and match them, it is up to you)
Pineapple Slices (optional)
1. Gently beat 2 eggs in a bowl and add a couple of dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce. Remember a little goes a LONG way! Stir until mixed.
2. Start building your sandwich. On one slice spread cream cheese. On the other spread the jelly (optional). Add the Pepper Jack cheese on the side with the jelly.
3. Next add the ham (or turkey, chicken…) and then top with a slice of pineapple!
4. Preheat your grill, flat skillet on medium heat.
5. Dip your Sandwich in your egg mixture, coating both sides with the mixture.
6. Place your sandwich on the skillet on each side until both sides are lightly browned.
Notes: You do not have to use pineapple or Red pepper Jelly. You can omit both. Or just omit one. I like it without the jelly. My husband prefers it WITH the jelly. My daughter doesn’t care for the pineapple. Also if there is too much heat….you can omit the Louisiana Hot Sauce from the egg mixture as well. I do want to try this with grape jelly…just haven’t got around to it yet.
This is so great to use those leftovers. That Easter Ham….even great around Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Delicious Egg Salad
Perfect for spring and summer. Or just for lunch on any day. You can eat this on a bun, Sandwich bread, flat bread….with tomato, lettuce, onion…..etc. My husband even likes his grilled.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard or dijon Mustard
1/4 cup chopped green onion
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Hard boil the eggs.
2. Slice and Dice the eggs. I use a egg slicer’s and then after I have sliced all the eggs; I take a butter knife and cut through them randomly.
3. Add all other ingredients. And stir to combine.
Simple Veggie Wrap
So Yummy and wonderfully simple
2 ounces Garlic and herb Cream Cheese
3 tablespoons Mayo
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
thinly sliced veggies: you can use tomato, and red pepper, cucumber, mushrooms, and red onion just to name a few.
tortillas (You can also use flat-out bread)
Mix together cream cheese, mayo and Dijon until smooth.
Spread a layer of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of the tortillas. Then layer with lettuces and whatever veggies you plan on using. Remember to thinly slice your veggies.
Dab the ends of the tortilla with some of the cream cheese mixture. This seals it.
Roll the tortilla tightly and cut diagonally to the size that you want your wraps.
This would be so good at a pot luck, party or get together.