You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘ice cream cookie bowl’ tag.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls For Ice Cream
3 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Butter Flavor Shortening
1/2 cup Butter, softened
2/3 cup White Sugar
2/3 cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl cream together the shortening and butter. Then mix in the sugar and brown sugar until combine.
3. Add in the egg and vanilla.
4. Add about a fourth of the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Continue adding small amounts of the flour mixture until combine.
5. Stir in chips.
Letting it Freeze:
There are two different ways to complete the next couple of steps….I will give you both so you can choose which is easier for you.
You can form the dough in to a ball and place in a plastic bag and freeze for an hour.
You can go ahead and ROLL the dough out between two piece of wax paper. I try to roll my just a smidge thicker than I would if I were making a pie dough. Once rolled out I gently lift off the top layer of wax paper and take my biggest circle cookie cutter and press down. I replace the wax paper and again…..gently lift the cookie dough with wax paper onto a cookie sheet or sheet cake pan. Freeze for an hour.
6. If you place your dough in a plastic bag….after you freeze you will want to roll it out.
7. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
8. Take a muffin tin and turn it right side down and line the muffin bottoms with foil and spray with cooking spray. You will need to line every other one.
9. Take the cookie dough and form it around the lined muffin bottoms. This could take a while. I found it best to make sure the dough stays cold. Sometimes I would even place the dough back in the fridge while I worked on one.
10. Bake for 11 minutes or until just starting to brown in a 375 degree oven.
11. Once done let cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the muffin pan. Then remove and set aside for them to completely cool. It was not hard at all to remove the bowls. They lifted right off the pan. Left the foil on until the bowls are cooled completely.
12. Gently remove the foil and add in ice cream. You could also add in brownies, cheesecake….even make it a bowl for holding fruit and fruit dip.
My kids loved it. We made these for father’s day!